Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sarah: Plain and Tall

Posted by karpet (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 4, 11 at 15:51

I was wondering if any of you who are familiar with this book/play could tell me: are there quilts mentioned in this story, and if so are there details of patterns/colors? If anyone know it would save me a trip back into town to the library. Thanks so much!
Karlene

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sarah: Plain and Tall

Oh gee, lets see.....I can get this one confused with Love Comes Softly. I've seen the movie several times. Sarah is Glenn Close, a New England spinster who answers a mail order bride ad for an out west widower with two children. Watch this clip for 3:50 when they hang a quilt up on the line after the storm to air.

Here is a link that might be useful: Movie clip

o

I'm very familiar with the movie - love it and watch it whenever it comes on. There might be quilts in it. Seems now I remember that the first wife made a quilt and it was put away in a trunk/chest? Jacob put away everything that reminded him of his beloved wife that died. Sarah wanted to help him and the children talk about their wife and mother, but it was hard. Can't remember what the quilt looked like though.

Teresa

o

PS. I haven't read the books.

o

according to the clip there were 2 Sarah hung one out on line and later you saw one then ? had her baby.

o

The seven sisters one that gets hung out is also given a shot when Jacob comes in to find his first wife's things out of the trunk and on display.

o

Thank you all!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here