Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
It's the weekend again, are you quilting? March 16-18

Posted by lindaoh (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 16, 12 at 15:43

I am going to the "Gathering of Quilters" tomorrow with several friends. It is a quilt show with vendors. The guest speaker is Edyta Sitar. She is one of my favorite quilt teachers.
As for quilting this weekend, I am working on a Dr. Seuss quilt for a little boy. I am designing the layout myself using a couple Dr. Seuss panels.
I just finished quilting a Drunkard's Path quilt that I made entirely from my stash. It needs to have the binding added and it will be finished. I think it will go to my DS & DDIL.
Are you quilting this weekend?
Linda OH

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: It's the weekend again, are you quilting? March 16-18

last eve I finished up my birdhouse lap quilt and plan now on making a small purse to carry my "necessities",no quilting because my daughter and granddaughter are coming in.

o

I'm not quilting, but seeing lots of quilts and shopping at the Lancaster show. Great time with old and new friends, too!!!

Kate

o

DH is gone to Bike Week so I plan on sitting at the sewing machine as much as I can. Hoping to be able to get the rest of the X-String blocks together and decide on a border, sandwich the Brown Stars and maybe sandwich Uncle J's Ties. Also want to make some marmalade in there somewhere and freeze the rest of the strawberries that are in the fridge.

SharonG/FL

o

I'm working on minis for my guild's 2013 show. I finished one top the other day; hoping to get 4 finished before the April guild meeting. (The lady in charge of miniatures has challenged us to make one a month, so I need to catch up!) :) I have bag full of half square triangles and I'm challenging myself to use them up.

Donna

o

I met up with Kate and her friends from Baltimore in York PA
and we drove together to the Lancaster Show for a day of all things Quilty. We bought a variety of goodies~one of us bought a sewing machine! Yay for her!!

We ended the day buying beautiful Batiks for $4.98/yd from a Pick up truck at The Log Cabin Quilt Shop. So much fun!

I had a long drive home, so I wasn't able to go to dinner with them :(

It was a great day!

Here is a link that might be useful: Shop

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here