Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rosajoe_gw

QOTD 3/21/12 What is the ugliest????

rosajoe_gw
12 years ago

What is the ugliest thing in your sewing room that you hide when someone may wander into your space???

I was cleaning for the bug man to spray and I folded up my ironing board and hid the ugly sock in the washing machine!!

I keep a cotton sock on my ironing board and although I bleach it when I wash it still looks nasty.

I use a ton of starch and I wet it and run my iron over it often as I press to keep the starch build up from burning. My iron stays fairly clean but that sock is something I think would scare most people lol!

What's in your room?????

Rosa

Comments (12)

• magothyrivergirl
    12 years ago

I have to shut the door completely! It is also my office - so it is always messy, with work projects-even when it is tidy, it is scary!

Sock???? I was looking at the sides of my iron this morning - it is yukky from the over spray I suppose. I am going to use a sock to clean the iron. Sometimes I use a wet Mister Clean Eraser, but I always burn my fingers. DH has a bunch of socks with no mates (why does he keep them????). I am going to steal the white ones. Thanks for the idea!

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

Love the sock idea! Thanks!

The ugliest thing in my sewing room is the carpet. It should have been replaced years ago but it's been a low priority. I keep most of it covered with another rug!

• barbara_l
    12 years ago

SAY... I love the sock idea as well... glad that you mentioned it!

• petalpatsy
    12 years ago

I don't let people in my house. :D

• ritaweeda
    12 years ago

Very few people have been in my sewing room, and I don't decorate it for the public, it's a work space and never intended for the decorating magazines. I went in and looked for something "ugly" but didn't find anything, although there is usually some untidiness due to whatever project I'm working on. But as for what's the ugliest thing, as I grow older, fatter and uglier over the years, see if you can guess??? LOL!!!

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    12 years ago

HA! To my eyes, there is nothing ugly in my sewing area! Since it's in the back of the living room, love me love my sewing area. Now, if you're talking projects.........

SharonG/FL

• msmeow
    12 years ago

I'm like Patsy - I don't let people in my house! :D

Donna

• calliope
    12 years ago

It is the wallpaper. I papered it myself and it was one of those 'what was I thinking' happenings. It's paisley and wild. Next to that is the carpet. It was here when I married my husband who owned the house. It's still in decent condition yet thirty years old. (the carpet, not the husband) LOL.

Hopefully, both will be replaced soon. (the carpet and wallpaper, not the husband). Other than that, it's a basically very pleasant room and usually kept reasonably tidy.

• nanajayne
    12 years ago

Ugly is in the eye of the beholder like beauty. MY sewing room my work space my mess, and I love it. Like Sharon, my projects are another issue, I am working on my "ugly" now. Funny because that is what I have been calling it for a couple of weeks.

• dan_the_mailman
    12 years ago

Lol, I'm laughing at all of your responses, thank you! My sewing corner is in my office, which also serves as a storage room. You can only fit so much stuff in one house, and when you have someone move in with you and they bring most of the contents of their house, well, you all know it's just going to get crowded. Thankfully it doesn't look like anyone is hoarding anything! There just isn't any space in this room which isn't being maximized.
    Dan

• kathi_mdgd
    12 years ago

Not ugly really,just messy!! That would be the far corner where i keep the goodwill box and put things that i no longer want or need.
    kathi

• User
    12 years ago

I sew at my kitchen table and only clean up when company is expected. We are at the stage in life that we eat in the living room in front of the TV (don't tell the kids).

Thank goodness I'm also at the stage in life that the friends I have couldn't care less what my house looks like. They stop in to see us, not criticize the housekeeping.

Sewing in the open is more of a conversation starter than something I want to hide.

Dianne

Sponsored
Interior Style by Marisa Moore
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars57 Reviews
Northern Virginia Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2013-2020!