Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
polardreams

Challenge project done

polardream
11 years ago

I just finished this for my local quilt group. Our challenge was to pull 3 crayons out of a bag, then a verb from another bag. We had to make at least a 12" x 12" design to depict the verb. We could use one other color. This is what I came up with for my 3 colors - cerulean (blue), scarlet (looked orange to me!), and wisteria (purple) and my verb was WHISPER! It was quite a challenge. Looking forward to our meeting on Thursday night to see what the others have come up with!

Sue

Comments (19)

• msmeow
    11 years ago

Nice, Sue! I like your vibrant colors. Our guild did a similar challenge a few years ago, except we drew 2 crayons and the only rules were to use the 2 colors and it had to be 30" square. I like the addition of a word!

Donna

• toolgranny
    11 years ago

Wow, Great job. Love how the colors turned out.

• teresa_nc7
    11 years ago

Love that! Very creative!

• grammyp
    11 years ago

That is great. Whisper would be a very difficult challenge.

beverly

• nannykins
    11 years ago

I am always in awe of people who do challenges. You have earned my admiration. Beautiful work!
    Theresa

• nanajayne
    11 years ago

Congratulations.....cleverly thoughtout and accomplished.....I would have found that very challenging. Good job.TFS

• littlehelen_gw
    11 years ago

Wow...I'm so impressed, the color selection and theme word are touched beautifully! Well done !
    V.

• quiltnhen
    11 years ago

Love the execution and the outcome. Sounds like fun, but it would have been difficult for me to think through both the whisper and the bold color. Great solution. Hope you win a prize!

• Robbi D.
    11 years ago

That would definitely be a challenge!! And I think you pulled it off wonderfully! Great use of color, too.

Robbi

• day2day
    11 years ago

That is creative! I admire those that do challenges.
    'Whisper' is a difficult word to express with those colors.
    Great job!
    TFS.

~Geraldine

Just thinking .....this would be a nice challenge on this forum.

This post was edited by day2day on Tue, Mar 5, 13 at 7:59

• bev2009
    11 years ago

Very creative, Sue. I'm impressed. It was a serene, flowing movement to it, just like a whisper.

• magothyrivergirl
    11 years ago

On my! This WAS a Challenge! You definitely conveyed the message of whisper and the colors are the opposite - very striking interpretation. I am anxious to hear the reaction of your fellow Guild members.

• fran1523
    11 years ago

Very nice Sue. That theme is so abstract I would have had a very hard time with it. I hope you get a lot of votes because you did a great job.

• rosajoe_gw
    11 years ago

Beautiful! You did a great job, it would have baffled me competely.
    Rosa

• cindykg23
    11 years ago

I love your creativity! Sue, your love of the outdoors shows:)

I agree w/Geraldine - this would be a fun challenge for our group!

~Cindy

• petalpatsy
    11 years ago

It's lovely! You did such a great job!

• wendyfaye
    11 years ago

VERY nice! And sounds like fun. I need to join a guild...

Faye

• polardream
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks for the compliments. It really was a challenge. We drew in January and I needed to have it done for this week ... kept pondering, and pondering, and pondering. I am anxious to see what the others have done with their colors and words. I will try to take pictures and let you know. No prizes as far as I know ... I am just happy to be finished!
    Sue

• quilteramy
    11 years ago

sounds like a fun idea ... you did a good job, whisper would be hard to do.

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES