Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Another great modern quilt

Posted by magothyrivergirl (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 1, 12 at 14:27

Elizabeth Hartman (Oh Fransson) has made another strikingly beautiful quilt! The tutorial for the block is on the Modern Quilt Guild page - follow the clickable link on the her blog for the instructions.

Here is a link that might be useful: Octagonal Orbs Quilt Top

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Another great modern quilt

Isn't that gorgeous!!!!
Theresa

o

Marsha, I really like the Mod Mosaic floating blocks....possibly because they are scraps but not little scraps. TFS

SharonG/FL

Here is a link that might be useful: Floating Blocks

o

Please keep these wonderful contemporary quilts coming! I don't have time to search them out but I am so inspired by them! Thanks!

o

Thanks so much for the link. This is a great pattern that would really appeal to young folks I'm sure. I've printed it out so I can hopefully try it sometime in the future.

o

thanks for the link...the modern quilts are really awesome, I need to put these patterns on my list of things to do...just love em.
V.

o

Thanks, Marsha! I love the quilts on Oh Fransson. Have put many of them in my Favorites bookmark. But I have to wonder how these great modern quilts would look made with my scraps of more traditional fabrics?

Teresa

o

The orb quilt looks a lot like a spiderweb quilt I did a few years ago. I like your modern version better........the continuity of the fabric choices really works and pulls it together. My scrappy in this similar pattern was hard on the eyes. It now graces the hatch of my car. My DD just groaned when she saw it there. LOL

o

I really like that one too, I keep up with her blog, she has some very nice quilts.
Rosa

o

I don't know about the pattern, but I'm really struck by how pretty the orange and gray are together. It feels like this is the first time in my life I've seen those two colors used together!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here