Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_20014168

Icing on the Cake - tuppermom- 3/27

User
12 years ago

Here's to our spring month birthday quilter!

Tuppermom's birthday is 3/27, and this is the place to post the comings and goings of the blocks.

Kay

Comments (48)

• jackier123
    12 years ago

Mary,

Your block is on it's way. I wanted to get it out early as I am out of town most of the month.

Jackie

• tuppermom
    12 years ago

Thanks Jackie

I will let you know when it arrives.

• hazelnutbunny
    12 years ago

With the baby due any day, I'll be getting your block out tomorrow. I don't want to get so busy that I forget later this month!

Melissa

• tuppermom
    12 years ago

Thanks Melissa....I will watch for it and let you know when it arrives.

• toolgranny
    12 years ago

Your block has been up on my design wall for a month, Mary, and I just love it. I can hardly wait to see your quilt with this one. It's my new favorite.

It will go in the mail Monday.

• patti60
    12 years ago

i mailed your block out today. hope it goes well with all the rest that come in.

• tuppermom
    12 years ago

Thanks toolgranny and patti60....I will let you know when they arrive.
    I am getting excited so don't know if I will be able to hold off opening them this year. Last year I was at a retreat on my birthday so I opened them all there with my quilting friends and we oooed and ahhhd together!

• tuppermom
    12 years ago

I rec'd my first block today from Jackie...thank you!

I haven't opened it but it is calling my name!

• dan_the_mailman
    12 years ago

Mary, you block went out on Wednesday. Have yourself a wonderful birthday month with lots of pleasant surprises!
    Dan

• chickie1
    12 years ago

Mary, sent your block out today. I like this block and almost picked it this year. I hope you have a great birthday.
    Darlene

• grammyp
    12 years ago

I forgot to post, but I mailed your block yesterday.

beverly

• tuppermom
    12 years ago

thanks Dan, Darlene and Beverly...I will let you know when they arrive.

• User
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hi, Mary,

Your blocks left PA today. Hope they get there in time, I forgot until I addressed the envelope that yours needed extra time to cross the border!

Kay

• tuppermom
    12 years ago

Rec'd the 2nd block today from Linda...thanks!
    "Open me, open me" is getting louder!

Mary

• tuppermom
    12 years ago

I rec'd an envelope from Dan today.....love the Bonsai stamps!

Now they are 3.....can I wait 6 more days?

Mary

• macbeaner
    12 years ago

I have your block done, but need to find time to get to the post office!

• tuppermom
    12 years ago

Number 4 has arrived and my self-control is still intact!

Thanks Beverly!

Mary

• patti60
    12 years ago

thought my block would have been there. never know with the mail these days. hope it arrives soon

• dan_the_mailman
    12 years ago

Just 3 more days Mary! Hang in there!

• tuppermom
    12 years ago

Not yet patti60. I didn't get any mail on Friday and we don't have Saturday delivery here. You just never know with mail coming from and going to the US. I have mailed packages at the same time to California and New York and the one to CA got there 6 days earlier and I live an hour from the border of New York state.....go figure.

Dan, they are still unopened but their whispers are getting louder!

• faintheart
    12 years ago

Mary, your block is on the way. I'm afraid it will be a bit late and if it doesn't arrive, please let me know. Our substitute mailperson was not very confident on international shipping protocol. I am amazed that you aren't giving in to those whispers! ;)

Dee

• dan_the_mailman
    12 years ago

Just 2 more days Mary! Lol! You're one tough cookie, aren't you? I would've given in by now.
    Dan

• tuppermom
    12 years ago

I will let you all know when the blocks arrive.

I have been involved in Birthday swaps for a few years now...here and on other forums....and I always said I wouldn't open them until my birthday. Last year is the only year that I was able to hold out and I loved opening them all at once...a greater impact....so this year it is so far so good!

• dan_the_mailman
    12 years ago

Mary, you are an inspiration!
    I hadn't given it much thought until this week, I guess I just thought I'd open my envelopes when they arrived in September. But now? I think I'm going to wait until my birthday and open them up all at once. It does sound like that would be more fun, if I can hold out that long!
    Lol, hang in there! I'm pulling for you!
    Dan

• tuppermom
    12 years ago

No blocks today so I will wait until after the mail comes tomorrow to open them instead of in the morning with my coffee.

• nannykins
    12 years ago

And I hope you have a lovely birthday admiring all your super blocks.
    Theresa

• dan_the_mailman
    12 years ago

Happiest of Birthdays Mary!

• tuppermom
    12 years ago

Went to my guild meeting tonight and got an early birthday present....I won the 50/50 draw! A neighboring guild is having their show this weekend so I will have some extra money to spend!

Thanks for the birthday wishes!

Mary

• User
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Happy Birthday to today's Quilter Birthday Lady!

Happy Birthday to You,
    Happy Birthday to You,
    Happy Birthday, dear Mary,
    and may your day be as sweet as your icing!

Kay

• lindaoh_gw
    12 years ago

Happy Birthday Mary!
    Linda OH

• toolgranny
    12 years ago

Happy, Happy Birthday! Hope you enjoy opening your blocks.

Linda in California

• nanajayne
    12 years ago

Have a great day and enjoy the beginning of a new year.Besure to "renew your Contract". Happy Birthday. Jayne

• sandlapper_rose
    12 years ago

Happy Birthday! Having to type on my iPad which I am not very good at so keeping the message short.

• faintheart
    12 years ago

Happy Birthday, Mary! Hope you are enjoying your day.

• tuppermom
    12 years ago

Thanks to all for your birthday wishes.
    I have just arrived home after a very busy day and have not yet opened my blocks. We didn't get any mail today...not even junkmail.....so only have 4 so will wait one more day to open them. DH always celebrates his birthday week so I will too!

Mary

• tuppermom
    12 years ago

Just arrived home from my weekly quilting group to find mail from Kay and Darlene.

I am going make a cup of coffee and open them so will post again later.

Thanks
    Mary

• tuppermom
    12 years ago

I received a beautiful birthday block from Deanna today....thank you. I now have 8 blocks.

• faintheart
    12 years ago

You're welcome, Mary! So glad it finally arrrived as I was beginning to worry. This was a fun block to do. I almost chose it myself. Looking forward to seeing your quilt. Did you find anything fun at the show to spend your surprise 50/50 winnings on?

Dee

• tuppermom
    12 years ago

The mail from the US seems to be slow right now
    The first place I head for at quilt shows is the Member's Boutique. Some not only have items the guild members have made but also fabric, books, patterns etc. I bought 6 fat eighths of 30s reproduction fabric, a panel of 20 blocks that look like redwork (cheater), about 1 yd (total) of neutral fabric pieces, a whole bunch of strips of fabric in Amish colors, some strip-pieced vintage fabrics and about 250 precut fabric circles all for 17.00.
    It was a nice show.....not as many quilts as I have seen at this show in the past but a good merchant mall and member's boutique.

Mary

• tuppermom
    12 years ago

My birthday week is extended....1 more block arrived today. Thank You Melissa!

Mary

• sandlapper_rose
    12 years ago

Sorry your blocks are slow getting to you, Mary. Is the mail really slow right now. Hopefully they will all be there soon
    Jeanne

• tuppermom
    12 years ago

10 down and 2 to go....thanks Marie for the beautiful block.

Mary

• patti60
    12 years ago

well has been almost a mont since i sent my block. and i am very dissapointed it's not there. will make another block and send. but will insure this one. i feel bad about this. i will wait until monday. if you don't have it by then i will do another one to send.

• tuppermom
    12 years ago

Pat
    Wait until tuesday because I am not sure if we have mail delivery on Monday. I will post after I get the mail on Tuesday and let you know if it has arrived.

Mary

• macbeaner
    12 years ago

I'm guessing mine hasn't shown up either. it was mailed the week of your birthday. (I don't remember the exact day, that week was a blur for me!) With what they charged to mail it, it was my understanding that it would be there within a week at the latest! :( I'm sorry!

• tuppermom
    12 years ago

Yes, just waiting for 2 more.....Pat and Virginia. Hopefully they will be in the mailbox tomorrow!

Mary

• tuppermom
    12 years ago

My last 2 blocks arrived today....thank you Pat and Virginia!

It always amazes me that half of the blocks were just put in the envelope and mailed and the other half needed to go through customs. The same thing happens here when I am mailing blocks to the US. *Scratching my head*

I will post a picture of all of the blocks when I get home...I am catsitting at my brother's house in Toronto for a couple of days.

Mary

• macbeaner
    12 years ago

Glad to know it got there! :)