Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
geezerfolks_sharon

Butterscotch Cream?

This isn't quite what I envisioned but it will help my desire to make a neutral quilt. These are 8 1/2" blocks and I really will clean up the sewing area now and start putting things away now.....

I was going for neutral and ended up with butterscotch.

SharonG/FL

Comments (19)

• K8Orlando
    13 years ago

Sharon - it's a lovely quilt. And it makes me want to go out for ice cream!!! I guess that's the butterscotch effect! Is that the Twisted Strips pattern? I did a small one in black/white that I really liked too.

When I was doing that neutral for my niece's wedding quilt I kept trying to add some gold tones and some taupe shades, but ended up putting them aside for the same reason. I ended up with almost all ivories in subtle shades. Everything else either changed the color or was too much contrast.

It may not be the effect you were going for, but it's beautiful and will look great on any bed in any room.

Kate

• nannykins
    13 years ago

I like it!
    Theresa

• day2day
    13 years ago

I like it too!
    TFS.

~Geraldine

• teresa_nc7
    13 years ago

Looks like Pecan Praline ice cream to me! How delightful!

Teresa

• nanajayne
    13 years ago

It is great. I like it a lot. Makes me think of looking into a prism kalidoscope device that gives you lots of little pictures. I think the colors are a good mix. TFS Jayne

• lindaoh_gw
    13 years ago

I love the colors. It's beautiful!
    Linda OH

• grammyp
    13 years ago

I love butterscotch! Did you foundation piece them?

beverly

• murphy_zone7
    13 years ago

I love it!

• Kristene Smith
    13 years ago

It's really beautiful! Reminds me also of a wooden parquetry floor.

Kristene

• fran1523
    13 years ago

I love it too.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks everyone. Yes, the squares have a muslin foundation and I didn't use a pattern...just pulled the strips and started sewing. Half with the brown center and half white. Now I wish I would've scrapped up the brown centers, but oh well, tis done. @:)

SharonG/FL

• karpet
    13 years ago

I really like the way it turned out!
    Karlene

• barbara_l
    13 years ago

Neat!!
    I really like it.

• magothyrivergirl
    13 years ago

Sharon, I really like it - what quality muslin do you use for the foundation? A question I have been meaning to ask, because I only have the Kona Premium muslin, which may be too nice and heavy.
    I am moving closer to scrappy-yikes!

• cindykg23
    13 years ago

Sharon,

I LOVE IT TOO!! So fresh & clean looking - makes me think of the smell of fresh linens off the line.

And Teresa, LOVE the praline pecan ice cream link! :) Girl after my own heart! Yum! Pass the spoon please...

~Cindy

• User
    13 years ago

What a soothing color combination.. immediately brings a smile!

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks for the nice comments.

The muslin is the kind you don't want to use as part of a block.....the kind that after it's washed, you look at it and tell yourself you should have known why it cost so little! But, there is still a purpose for it. lol Kona muslin is much too nice to use for this.

The blocks are put away, but I'm looking forward to sewing them together and finishing it when I get back.

SharonG/FL

• magothyrivergirl
    13 years ago

Thanks Sharon - I kinda thought I needed to use the cheap stuff!

• vicky4x4
    13 years ago

I like it too! I look forward to see the finial project.

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County