Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Butterscotch Cream?

Posted by geezerfolks (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 28, 11 at 13:39

This isn't quite what I envisioned but it will help my desire to make a neutral quilt. These are 8 1/2" blocks and I really will clean up the sewing area now and start putting things away now.....

I was going for neutral and ended up with butterscotch.

Photobucket

SharonG/FL

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Butterscotch Cream?

Sharon - it's a lovely quilt. And it makes me want to go out for ice cream!!! I guess that's the butterscotch effect! Is that the Twisted Strips pattern? I did a small one in black/white that I really liked too.

When I was doing that neutral for my niece's wedding quilt I kept trying to add some gold tones and some taupe shades, but ended up putting them aside for the same reason. I ended up with almost all ivories in subtle shades. Everything else either changed the color or was too much contrast.

It may not be the effect you were going for, but it's beautiful and will look great on any bed in any room.

Kate

o

I like it!
Theresa

o

I like it too!
TFS.

~Geraldine

o

Looks like Pecan Praline ice cream to me! How delightful!

Teresa

o

It is great. I like it a lot. Makes me think of looking into a prism kalidoscope device that gives you lots of little pictures. I think the colors are a good mix. TFS Jayne

o

I love the colors. It's beautiful!
Linda OH

o

I love butterscotch! Did you foundation piece them?

beverly

o

I love it!

o

It's really beautiful! Reminds me also of a wooden parquetry floor.

Kristene

o

I love it too.

o

Thanks everyone. Yes, the squares have a muslin foundation and I didn't use a pattern...just pulled the strips and started sewing. Half with the brown center and half white. Now I wish I would've scrapped up the brown centers, but oh well, tis done. @:)

SharonG/FL

o

I really like the way it turned out!
Karlene

o

Neat!!
I really like it.

o

Sharon, I really like it - what quality muslin do you use for the foundation? A question I have been meaning to ask, because I only have the Kona Premium muslin, which may be too nice and heavy.
I am moving closer to scrappy-yikes!

o

Sharon,

I LOVE IT TOO!! So fresh & clean looking - makes me think of the smell of fresh linens off the line.

And Teresa, LOVE the praline pecan ice cream link! :) Girl after my own heart! Yum! Pass the spoon please...

~Cindy

o

What a soothing color combination.. immediately brings a smile!

o

Thanks for the nice comments.

The muslin is the kind you don't want to use as part of a block.....the kind that after it's washed, you look at it and tell yourself you should have known why it cost so little! But, there is still a purpose for it. lol Kona muslin is much too nice to use for this.

The blocks are put away, but I'm looking forward to sewing them together and finishing it when I get back.

SharonG/FL

o

Thanks Sharon - I kinda thought I needed to use the cheap stuff!

o

I like it too! I look forward to see the finial project.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here