Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
embroidery transfer sheets pics

Posted by rosajoe (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 3, 12 at 13:15

I bought these about 6 years ago in a thrift shop in Orlando, Fl. I have never seen transfer sheets like this and really wasn't sure that's what they were, but they were so cheap I bought them (5 sheets). They are as thick as craft felt and I tested a small piece, it gives a nice clear print and the transfer could be used several times. Has anyone seen tranfers like this? All of mine have been like tissue paper.
Rosa

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: embroidery transfer sheets pics

Rosa, I've only seen the paper type, too. Is there a copyright or something on one edge? It's nice that they transfer well!

Donna

o

Donna, this has me so preplexed! They were in a large clear bag with no markings on them (like fabric will have in the selvedge)at all.

I have asked some people from European countries and no one recognizes them.

They actually transfer darker than the paper and are thick enough that they don't shift.

o

I have never seen them, but sounds like a great idea to me. Nice they can be used more than once, too.

beverly

o

I've never seen anything like that either. Are you sure they aren't the actual piece to be embroidered for a wall hanging? The pattern would iron transfer off them, too. Maybe you were supposed to stitch them. I've seen patterns on felt to be embroidered.

o

Linda you may have solved it! But they are vertical panels, I would think a hanging would be horizontal. I have searched old embroidery books too, they really have me puzzled.
Any way I think you are right!

o

Should they be cut apart on the lines to make four panels??
Theresa

o

That is a great find! And the fact that you can use them more than once is very cool!!

Robbi

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here