Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
loisflan

Pinwheels and Prairie Points is finished

loisflan
11 years ago

Here is a quilt that I made for the new grandson of a dear work colleague. The backing is Minky. I'll wait to make the label until the little guy is born - sometime within the next couple of weeks. I am quite pleased with the results.

Comments (25)

• magothyrivergirl
    11 years ago

This is adorable! Lucky baby! Love the colors ~ you deserve to be very pleased.
    How big are your pinwheels?

• grammyp
    11 years ago

That is beautiful, I'm sure he will love it. And the Minky is just the icing on the cake.

beverly

• grammyp
    11 years ago

Sorry, got posted twice.

This post was edited by grammyp on Sat, Mar 16, 13 at 14:24

• jennifer_in_va
    11 years ago

That is so cute! Love the combination of pinwheels and prairie points.
    Lovely job!

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    11 years ago

Perfect, Lois! I like the praire points for the baby to grab and 'gum' on...... :-)

SharonG/FL

• nanajayne
    11 years ago

That is adorable. Like your choice of colors and points. Your quilting is great as well. Good choices and results. TFS

• chickie1
    11 years ago

Love it! I want to make one just like it.
    Darlene

• rosajoe_gw
    11 years ago

Gorgeous, very lucky baby! I love baby quilts that can be used for many years as they grow. Your quilting looks perfect, I really need to practice my FMQing.
    Rosa

• bev2009
    11 years ago

It's adorable and so cheerful. What is the size? Are they only called prairie points if they stick up?

• quiltnhen
    11 years ago

Fabulous. I love the colors and the prairie points add extra sparkle. May have to try some someday.

LindaB/CA

• mary_c_gw
    11 years ago

Very nice! I love the prairie points.

Maryc

• loisflan
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks for the kind comments, everyone. I can't take credit for the quilting. A local LAQ did it for me. Marsha, the pinwheels are 7.75" finished. They were made with a charm pack. I've attached the pattern website for anyone who's interested.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pinwheels & Prairie Points Baby Quilt

• fran1523
    11 years ago

That's charming. I love it.

• pirate_girl
    11 years ago

Hello & well done. What a wonderful quilt, makes me want to make it too. Just so, so charming & cheery & the link you provided is fabulous. Thanks so much for sharing it.

• magothyrivergirl
    11 years ago

The pinwheels look so much bigger in the picture :)

I took a workshop with the American Jane designer - Sandy Klop.
    Did you use her fabrics?

I actually have that pattern bookmarked. I also have too many charm packs staring at me -- thanks for posting the picture--
    Now, I need to make it!

You did a wonderful job.

• day2day
    11 years ago

Beautiful quilt!. I love the pinwheels and prairie points sparkling against the white background......just adorable!
    TFS.

~Geraldine

• loisflan
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Marsha, the fabrics were from the Good Morning line by Me & My Sister Designs for Moda.

Bev, the quilt is 36" x 44". I have seen these little folded triangles referred to as prairie points when they're in the body of the quilt like mine are or when they actually form a border around the outside edge of the quilt. I don't know if they are used instead of binding or if they are sewn into the binding. Maybe someone else can answer that one.

• susan_on
    11 years ago

Beautiful quilt... I just love it! I'm going to bookmark this pattern for a future project. TSF!

• susan_on
    11 years ago

Oh, and I meant to say that your colour choices (including backing) and workmanship are wonderful!

• quiltingfox
    11 years ago

The baby quilt you made is absolutely beautiful! TFS!

Best to you,
    Sandra

• msmeow
    11 years ago

Lois, it's so sweet! Perfect for a baby quilt.

Donna

• polardream
    11 years ago

Lois, what a cute quilt. It is very sweet.
    Sue

• littlehelen_gw
    11 years ago

My first reaction when I saw the pic was...That's Adorable!!! Cutest little baby quilt, how special! I'm sure your co-worker will love it.
    V.

• prairiemom61
    11 years ago

Beautiful, makes me smile! My Mom used the prairie points as the binding on several quilts. They look really nice with a solid color dust ruffle.

• calliope
    11 years ago

What a precious little quilt!