Shakespeare in the Park

vicky4x4
15 years ago

I finished it last night.

Emily with her quilt:

Comments (23)

• toolgranny
    15 years ago

that's a wonderful quilt, Vicky. Good job.

• cannahavana
    15 years ago

Hey you made my quilt ;)! That is exactly what I had envisioned it would be in blues. You did a wonderful job!

Rebecca

• wanda_va
    15 years ago

Absolutely stunning! Your colors are perfect. I keep thinking of doing one, but they look so difficult.

• tom8olvr
    15 years ago

I LOVE IT! When I saw your subject line I kept thinking - I hope there's pictures... OMG, it's beautiful!!!

• marcia_m
    15 years ago

That's lovely, Vicky. I'm a beginning quilter (and generally a lurker here) but that's one quilt I want to make some day! Did you paper or foundation piece it? I've read here that it can be tricky to get the piecing 'just right.'
    Marcia

• salijo
    15 years ago

Beautiful! That one is on my "someday" list too. I bought the book a month or so ago, and there are several nice quilts in it!
    Salijo

• kathi_mdgd
    15 years ago

That's one Beautiful quilt.TFS
    Kathi

• vicky4x4
    Original Author
    15 years ago

If any of you are thinking about doing this quilt let me tell you to JUMP in and just do it! It is really only two blocks a Star in a star and a snails trail block. They are set on point which is really the only tricky thing about this quilt. It is one of the easiest in her book. It "looks" very impressive but it's not hard at all.

Vicky

• fran1523
    15 years ago

That is beautiful Vicky. I can't believe how quickly you work...it took me 8 months to do mine.

• nanajayne
    15 years ago

It is just beautiful. The colors are perfect and so pleasing to the eye. I can see the Emily is happy that you finished it. Nice job and thank you for sharing it with us. Jayne

• jennifer_in_va
    15 years ago

I've always wanted to do one of these too...And I will, someday!

I like your color scheme as well...Nice job!

• bonnie_nmi
    15 years ago

You did a magnificent job, Vicky. That's a stunning pattern.

Bonnie

• solstice98
    15 years ago

I love this pattern and these blues make it just as pretty as it can be! Absolutely beautiful!

Kate

• User
    15 years ago

Wow, Wow, Wow!

What a gaw-jus quilt. Love the colors, love the pattern.

Beautiful job, Vicky.

• msmeow
    15 years ago

Vicky, it's beautiful! I made one in blue, green & lavender for my niece's HS graduation a couple of years ago. You're right - it's really not hard!

Donna

• teresa_nc7
    15 years ago

One word.....stunning! Vicky, you did a beautiful job on this one! I'd like to make this someday, but OMGosh how do I pick the colors???

Lovely job!
    Teresa

• polardream
    15 years ago

Vicky,
    That is one beautiful quilt! makes me want to start another quilt!!!
    Sue

• lindaoh_gw
    15 years ago

I love it. I bought the book with the pattern for myself for Christmas. That is on my list for this year when I finish both DWRs that I'm working on now.
    Linda OH

• biwako_of_abi
    15 years ago

What a beautiful job, Vicky!

• mary_c_gw
    15 years ago

As someone else up-thread, stunning!

I've always love both the snail's trail bock, and stars, so Shakespeare in the Park is a flat out win.

• love2sew
    15 years ago

That quilt is so beautiful in the blues. Great job.
    Jean

• Kathy_TX
    15 years ago

That quilt is breathtaking! You did a beautiful job on it, and I'll just bet Emily will enjoy it for years to come.

It is on my "someday" list also, when I get the courage to do the fabric selections for it.

• vicky4x4
    Original Author
    15 years ago

kathy_tx- I have seen this quilt done in two colors. It was beautiful. The one I seen was Red print and white. I can see it done in blue and cream or blue and green. I say to anyone that would like to make this quilt someday, make that day today!

Vicky

Sponsored
Dream Design Construction LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Loudoun County's Innovative General Contractors