Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Baby Honu top is finished.... now I have to get some work done

Posted by loisf (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 30, 14 at 12:53

I bought this quilt pattern and fabric about 2 years ago while we were in Hawaii. I started working on it about 6-8 months ago. It was fun, but a lot of work. I don't know if you can tell by the photo, but the turtles' appendages are loose. So first you had to make two-sided turtle bodies and two sided turtle shells and then turn them right side out. Then you applique just around the shells. The waves are paper-pieced. The colors are much greener than this photo shows. The background is lemon yellow and the blues are more tourquoise and aqua. I'll be quilting this one myself, so that will be another big step. Sharon, now I've got two UFOs.

Now, since I've spent two whole days and Sunday morning in my sewing room, I have to clean it up, do some laundry and get some bookwork done. Tomorrow starts another work week. Only 7 1/2 months to go before retirement. Can you tell I'm ready and counting the days?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Baby Honu top is finished.... now I have to get some work don

Oh! That is sooo cute! Love it!
Being retired & having ample time to indulge in quilting is absolutely wonderful...you are gonna love it & wonder how you found time to have a job.

o

Lois, that quilt is adorable! It will be a challenge quilting and not catching those loose feet in the stitching.

Donna

o

That is just too cute....have fun quilting this gem! Post a pic...
V.

o

Looks like all the work was worth it. The little critters are great and visualizing the true colors it feels like Hawaaii.
LindaB/CA

o

Oh I love it!!! It's beautiful!!!

Best to you,
Sandra

o

Adorable! It is going to someone or are you going to get to enjoy it?

o

It's adorable! I love the turtles. I started paying into SS at age 14 so I was very ready for retirement!

I have to admit that my home (especially my sewing room) was much cleaner and more organized when I worked lol!
Rosa

o

Cute! Great colors too!

o

That's gorgeous!!Love everything about it.tfs

Kathi

o

That is adorable! I really like those little turtles.
TFS.

o

Oh that is super cute and great colors too. Those turtles are too cute and I've always loved those other blocks. Cant think of the name right now.

o

Very nice, beautifully executed.

I know the block you ask abt as either Virginia Reel (an old UFO of mine) or Snail'sTrail, as I've sometimes seen it called in quilt magazines.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here