Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tandem Rally Quilt

Posted by grammyp (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 7, 13 at 12:40

I have finished the top for the quilt to give away at our tandem rally in April. It has lots of room for everyone to sign (if the winner wants it signed). Hopefully it will go in the frame tonight and I can get it quilted next week.

beverly

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tandem Rally Quilt

Beautiful! I like that you kept the colors consistent so it looks like woven ribbons.

o

Great prize! I'd be willing to bet that the signing will be a big hit too. Nice work.

o

I agree - great prize. Love your design, and good idea for signing.
You are so generous!

o

That looks great and a wonderful pattern to have people sign.

o

Love the ribbon effect.
One question. If folks are going to sign in the white spaces, will you keep the quilting away from there, or can they sign over quilting?
Theresa

o

Thanks everyone, I love these strip quilts. I'm glad you could tell it was supposed to be ribbons.

Theresa, I am going to simply stitch in the ditch so it will keep it's woven ribbon look. Then they can simply sign the center. The blocks are 6 inches and a 4 inch border, so it should be quilted close enough.

beverly

o

Great quilt and a great idea to use that pattern.The signing should be a big hit.
Wonderful job.
TFS.

~Geraldine

o

What a neat - o idea (am I dating myself :-)
Bright and colorful and perfect for signing...well done!
Valarie

o

Ribbons in tandem....great job!

o

Great idea with this pattern, Beverly. Looks good!!

SharonG/FL

(Tim's post on FB almost persuaded me to buy a tandem bike and join in.....then reality hit me. lol)

o

You can come visit and play in the sewing room.

beverly

o

I love it. I bet you came up with that pattern all by yourself.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here