Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
posting pics?

Posted by chickie1 (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 3, 11 at 12:23

I would like to post a picture of a quilt I just finished but not sure how to do it. Can someone walk me through it?I did it before but can't seem to make it work.
Help!
Darlene

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: posting pics?

You need a place to put it first, like Photobucket.com. Then once transferred there, you copy the HTML code under the picture and paste it into your message. When you preview it, you will see the picture so you can make sure it is alright before you push the "submit" button.

o

And it's a good idea to resize the photos to about 800 pixels before you post them in your online photo album (I use PictureTrail.com but there is SmugMug and others). The resizing is at the request of GardenWeb people.

o

Kate is really good at posting pictures. She wrote up a little tutorial a while ago that I'm linking to below.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kate's picture posting directions

o

Thanks for posting that link Lola! If anyone needs help, just send me an email through GardenWeb and I'll be happy to walk you though it.

Kate

o

I'm giving it a try.
Thanks for the info.
darlene

o

Darlene, how's it going? Any pictures posted yet?
Once you get the hang of it, you can add a picture to your post in just a couple of seconds, so if you are having trouble please let me know!

Kate

o

Kate, I haven't had time to sit and play around with it. I'm hoping to get around to it maybe this afternoon. I'll let you know if I need help.Thanks,
Darlene

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here