Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Blowing in the Wind is finished!

Posted by loisf (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 8, 14 at 11:15

I am so disappointed that I can't capture the colors and texture of this quilt in a photo. The colors are so vibrant in real life. They just pop from the background. I absolutely love this quilt. It's one of my favorites that I have made, and my daughter loves it too, which is really all that counts. This is the best photo I can come up with, and it truly doesn't do it justice. I can't wait to see it in their bedroom after they are finished painting and carpeting. Thanks for looking.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Blowing in the Wind is finished!

Wow Lois...it's beautiful!! I can see where the greens, teals and purples Pop on the lite gray background....love it!!!
V.

o

This is somewhat better.

o

Just lovely!
Theresa

o

What a great quilt, Lois! I think you should teach it at our next quilt retreat so we'll know your secret for those straight lines. Everything you do is absolutely gorgeous!

SharonG/FL

o

That is a lovely quilt. I love how you kept your lines so straight. I gotta work on that.

beverly

o

That's a great piece of work. I can imagine the colors brighter as all my photos come off as dull, too. She'll always treasure it. Be sure to label it well for posterity because it's a "keeper".

o

Absolutely beautiful! Lucky daughter.
LindaB/CA

o

I agree, lucky daughter!! Love the quilt :-)

Robbi

o

I'm not usually a fan of modern quilts, but this one is just beautiful and it looks like you did a very good job on it, as well. Has oriental overtones.

o

Lovely. Your daughter is lucky to have this in her future. Be sure to get a picture when it is in it's new home. I am sure it will be perfect. An interesting pattern and more difficult to do then first glance makes it appear. Good job. TFS

o

Wonderful! Your daughter should love it.
Mary

o

I think this is the prettiest "all-solid fabrics" quilt that I've ever seen! Love the colors you used and the pattern is just great. I, too, would love to know how you kept that skinny line so straight!

o

Beautiful! Great pattern and the colors are so vibrant against the background. You did a wonderful job.
TFS.

~Geraldine

o

I like the color combinations, it's a beautiful quilt. Congrats on finishing it and TFS.

Best to you,
Sandra

o

I love this quilt. It has character. Very modern. Great job.
Darlene

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here