Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
msmeow

Weekend plans?

msmeow
12 years ago

Well, I wish I was cruising again this weekend! :)

I may be selling donation quilt tickets at a LQS tomorrow morning. I'll find out this evening for sure. I kinda hope I don't have to b/c the shop is at least an hour from my house, but if I do at least I can get in some shopping, too! :)

We have hours and hours of church services Sunday (7:30 - 12ish) and usually I end up napping all afternoon after those marathons, so I'm not sure how much sewing I'll get done this weekend. My plan is to make some more miniatures, but we'll see.

What's everyone else up to?

Donna

Comments (26)

• magothyrivergirl
    12 years ago

Tonight we have a belated birthday dinner (mine) at a restaurant with my son and his GF. Looking forward to seeing them and going to this restaurant that is supposed to be very good, serving local & organic & sustainable foods.
    The rest of the weekend depends on the weather!

I would like to get a few blocks made for our Guild President's quilt due at Monday night's meeting. I have a quilt on my frame (finally) and hope to finish quilting it - it is almost finished :).

• msmeow
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Happy birthday, Marsha!

• loisflan
    12 years ago

It's supposed to be 75 - 80 degrees this weekend in Minneapolis. Yippee! My sister is driving in from Madison, Wisconsin, to visit and have a girls' weekend (my husband is out of town). Lots of wine, lots of laughing, and maybe a little gardening. She's leaving Sunday noon, so maybe I can get a little quilting done then.

Have a great weekend, everyone, and happy birthday, Marsha.

• jennifer_in_va
    12 years ago

I'm trying to get me & the 2 little ones packed for a trip to Pittsburgh tomorrow for my cousin's baby shower. (Actually got the quilt finished & washed by Thursday! A full day early!) We return Sunday afternoon.

Probably no sewing this weekend, but have a quilt girls' get-together Monday night before DH travels to Boston Tues-Wed. Ugh. It's going to be one of those weeks!

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

Hoping to carve out some time for quilting, but don't know if I can. Maybe I'll just focus on doing the embellishment I want to do on the two mini quilts. I can do that by hand while watching TV in the evening.

• msmeow
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Woohoo! Off the hook for the ticket sales tomorrow, so I can sew! (And do laundry, and probably some other chores. bleh)

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    12 years ago

Donna, Be careful about doing too many chores! They might expect it all the time! heh heh heh

Happy Birthday, Marsha. Have a good time with your family.

I plan on cooking this week-end. Hauled a turkey out of the freezer (cause I needed the room) and want to get that cooked along with a few other things that can be frozen for meals. While they're cooking, maybe I can get some sewing done. @:)

SharonG/FL

• tuppermom
    12 years ago

I went to a Quilt Show today with the "WOW" (6 of us get together every wednesday to quilt so we are "Women of Wednesday"...sometimes WWOW...wild women of wednesday)!

DH and I are going to a fundraising auction for a church that we have been going to for about 10 years then will grocery shop and run other errands. Hopefully I will have time to sew on Sunday.

• toolgranny
    12 years ago

Storm coming in but hope to make it to a local quilt show or the big fabric sale at the senior complex. I am in limbo trying to make some quilt decisions and am filling in the time making birthday blocks. I'm already up to June and it's fun trying blocks and colors I don't usually work with. I just follow the instructions and don't have to think too hard. I'll get the FMQ bug one of these days or make a decision on one big project and then I'll be off and running. Maybe a mini or some paper piecing to bide my time. Hmmmmm.

• lindaoh_gw
    12 years ago

I loaded a quilt on the frame today and hope to quilt it on Saturday. My quilt group has finished the Relay for Life quilt top and I will quilt that next. I hope to at least get it loaded on the frame this weekend.
    On Monday I am taking my machine in for a cleaning and to have both light bulbs replaced. They are both out and I have been sewing with only an Ott light this week. It's OK during daylight but not so great after dark. I have an hour drive to take it to the shop and it will probably be there for a week. I have several machines but the Viking is my favorite.
    Linda OH

• dan_the_mailman
    12 years ago

Hoping to do some quilting for myself this weekend. I'll be posting the first set of sewing instructions for the mystery quilt I'm hosting for the Seeds-n-Stitches group over in the Round Robin forum. Anyone and everyone is invited to join in...

• msmeow
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Haha, Sharon! I think after 29 years Mark knows what to expect from me in the housekeeping department! I'm making a turkey breast in the Crock Pot for dinner. Hope it comes out okay.

Donna

• calliope
    12 years ago

My DD and I shall be visiting the cemetery to place spring flowers on my father's grave in celebration of his birthday. He would have been one hundred. His actual birthday was yesterday, but for nearly their whole marriage my mother always celebrated it on the 31st. Daddy, bless his heart always just went along with it until the later years when he finally just asked her why she didn't have his birthday on his birthday. LOLOL. They were lovebirds most of their life and I miss them.

I am working on finishing the last row of my jewel box quilt top. Four down and five more to go. The original number of blocks were just an inch or two short of enough for the big, old iron bed. Then I need to unload a nearly done quilt off the frame I borrowed from my daughter so she can pack it for their move out west. She was going to give me her frame, but my arthritis is going to seriously impact the size of any quilts I intend in the future to hand-quilt. I need to master machine quilting, like it or not or start sending them out to be quilted.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    12 years ago

Life at the Geezerfolks!

Well, my plans have changed....somewhat. I slept til 11:30am.....very unusual but I've not been sleeping well lately, so I guess it's a good thing. Got the turkey in the oven, cooked 4 cups of raw rice in a big pan to freeze in several baggies....then DH's sister stopped by. She doesn't come by very often, so it's ok. There's a big ham in the fridge I want to slice, dice and freeze for pizza, beans and rice dishes and sandwiches, then I plan to put a pork roast in the crockpot for overnight slow cooking.....maybe pulled pork for tomorrow.

Think I'll concentrate on catching up on the Blue in the Mist BOM today and tomorrow as it's almost over and I'm a few months behind.

DH is tearing up my bathroom tomorrow.......he and plumbing don't get along too well, so it's a bit scary. DD is bringing her cat over for a play-date with her mother as she's doing a bit of painting in their house.

SharonG/FL

• karpet
    12 years ago

I should be at my machine right now, but I'm not. I'm close to finishing the pieced border on my spiderweb quilt - just need to trim and assemble.

Toolgranny - don't you hate quilting limbo

Calliope - that is really different about your mom celebrating your Dad's birthday the following day. Did she do that with anyone else?

Sharon - I learned from my dad and from my DH to plan to be out of the house when certain activities are going on - with my dad it was when wall paper was going up, with my DH it is when he is doing taxes!

Karlene

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    12 years ago

Karlene, Good advice that I usually am able to adhere to because those projects can take place the few months I'm up north every summer. I thought this would be able to wait til summer, but sadly, it won't. At almost 77, I'm just glad he's still the handyman that he's always been. @:)

SharonG/FL

• calliope
    12 years ago

Karpet, no..........my DD and I were laughing about that today. Somewhere early in their relationship, she must have thought his birthday was a day later than it was and he was too kind to tell her any differently when she celebrated it the next day. Well, you know how difficult it gets when you don't correct somebody immediately. It becomes more awkward the longer it goes on. So, he didn't, until curiosity or orneryness got the best of him.

• ritaweeda
    12 years ago

Doubt that any quilting will be done today, the yard is calling, calling...

• luvtosharedivs
    12 years ago

I have lots of shrub pruning to do, so less and less time for quilting.

I'm still working on my paper piece lap quilt though...maybe an hour/day is all I have time for.

Julie

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

It's the yard for me too, at least for most of the day. But I have to get the beads on one mini-quilt and now I have another 'rush' project! We're going to a outdoor jazz & blues concert in 2 weeks and so I've decided I have to finish the 'quilt as you go' picnic quilt project I started a couple years ago. I don't even remember how many blocks I've finished; I'll be pulling that project out as soon as I get the garden stuff done and (hopefully) re-starting it!

Kate

• dan_the_mailman
    12 years ago

yesterday was a complete wash after my 3-year old cat decided that she wanted to play all friday night, and thought I'd make a great playmate. BUT!!! She did let me sleep last night, so this morning I did some sewing, took some pictures, and posted the first set of instructions people were waiting on for my mystery quilt. Yesterday I received not one, not two, but THREE quilting magazines in the mail, so I think I'm going to enjoy a nice cup or two of coffee while I read them. I did get a chance to glance thru them yesterday and saw a few patterns I liked. ***sigh*** Here we go, adding more projects on the quilting to-do list! LOL!

• msmeow
    Original Author
    12 years ago

LOL, Dan - non "cat people" don't understand, do they? Our new kitty (not so new - we've had him since Nov.) is about a year and a half old, and most mornings he decides he needs petting around 4 or 5 am. :)

Donna

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    12 years ago

Surprisingly, the bathroom project has gone pretty well. He only had to make, I don't know how many trips out to get another tool. Plus, I didn't hear any *%$#&* words. Might be a few days before it's completed as our services are needed tomorrow....DGS is going to the dentist in the morning and will probably have a tooth pulled.

I got all the cooking done I wanted to do except didn't get the ham sliced.....sort of stayed on the computer and phone today staying in touch, but I kitted up 4 of the BOM blocks, so I consider that a good thing.

SharonG/FL

• Robbi D.
    12 years ago

We were out of town most of the weekend at my brothers new cabin in North Georgia. Beautiful cabin and location with spectacular views! I did get a lot of hand work done while I was there. Yesterday afternoon, I was able to get almost 3 of my Dear Jane blocks done. This is good because 10 more blocks arrive on the 12th. 7 more to do to stay caught up this month and things are very busy the next 2 weeks so that will be hard to do.

Robbi

• teresa_nc7
    12 years ago

I finally got into my sewing room yesterday to make a tea wallet for a swap on Ravelry. I've included a link to the tutorial below.

Yesterday I had a cooking marathon of sorts: made pimiento cheese and pizza dough right after breakfast, put on a pot of cowboy beans at lunch, roasted a chicken in the afternoon and cranked the oven up to bake the pizza for dinner.

Teresa

Here is a link that might be useful: Tea Wallet tutorial

• msmeow
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Teresa, what a cute idea! I think I'll add it to my list of boutique items.

Donna