Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mlweaving_marji

Hilton Head and Savannah Quilt Shows

mlweaving_Marji
10 years ago

Hi,
I'm not such a regular poster here, although I hope to be after our build is finished and we move into our new house, where I will again have a studio. (Currently I live on a boat and sewing space is non-existent).

Is anyone here planning on attending either the Hilton Head -Palmetto Quilt Guild Show this coming weekend Friday-Sunday, or the Savannah Guild Show the following weekend? I'd love to plan a meet-up in Savannah if anyone is likely to be there. It's always fun to look at quilts with other quilters. I'm a member of the Hilton Head guild so will be volunteering/working the show, but would still welcome meeting anyone from this forum.
Yesterday I volunteered as a quilt handler for the judging aspect of the show, and it was a fascinating experience. IMO worth two workshops just to hear the judges comments as they were dictated to those volunteers scribing.

Did anyone get to the Venice FL Guild show 2 weekends ago? I did, and there were some amazing quilts there. I went alone, and would have loved someone to comment to and discuss with the whole way through the show. Their raffle quilt was also beautiful. It was an applique quilt of a design by one of their guild members.

Comment (1)