Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
geezerfolks_sharon

HELP! I'm Scrapping and I can't stop!

This is why I can't get my important projects done! I have a lot of 6" blocks made up of scraps or left over from various projects. I prefer working with 12" for a quilt, so have put some of them together. At this time, I don't care for the black sashing. Anyway this is going to be put away and am now working on what needs to be done within the next 4 weeks.

SharonG/FL

Comments (16)

• teresa_nc7
    13 years ago

I know what you are experiencing!......a SCRAP ATTACK! Ha! And I love the results!!!

(see what happens when you try to help someone? it sometimes ends up biting you in the bu!!)

hugs,
    Teresa

• toolgranny
    13 years ago

And it just says to us "Rebel Biker Chick". Good job.

• salijo
    13 years ago

ROFL.....this from the woman who told me "I just don't DO scrap quilts. Never had the desire."

Welcome to my side! We can scrap when you're here in the next few months!

Salijo

• magothyrivergirl
    13 years ago

I am paying attention....Recently, I have been separating my scraps - not nearly as many as all of you, but this group taught me early to keep a handle on my scraps.
    I like the black sashing if you put it horizontal also.

"And it just says to us "Rebel Biker Chick"~~I agree!!!LOL

• Carol_from_ny
    13 years ago

Some of my very favorite quilts are made of scraps. It amazes me what can be done with a single shape and a variety of fabrics!

• sunnycentralfl
    13 years ago

Good use of scraps and pretty to boot! You go Girl!

Gwen

• nanajayne
    13 years ago

Too much fun to quit!! Go! Jayne

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Teresa, Yes! SCRAP ATTACK is exactly what's happening!! Unbelievable! You can tell on me if you want. @:)

TGLinda, Now you've let the cat out of the bag. That was supposed to be a secret!

Salijo, I must have said that before Gwen posted about crumbs and Teresa about all the neat things that can be made with what I was tossing! You'll inherit my scraps!!

Mago, Yes, the sashing will also go horizontal and probably with various bright cornerstones.

Carol, I've learned to love 'making' scrappy quilts. It's an addiction! @:)

Thank you, Gwen. You're an enabler...you know that?! lol

Jayne, If I get done what I need to before leaving in 4 weeks, I'll be back at it for sure! But, the middle DD will be 50 this year and the binding needs to be put on her quilt. @:)

My original thought was to have various sizes surrounded by black in sizes that would come together....sort of like a collage. I could still do that.....have to wait and see. @:)

Thank you everyone,

The RBC

• rosajoe_gw
    13 years ago

Sharon, sorry I meant, Rebel Biker Chick, I like it. It looks scrappy artsy! I didn't like scrappy either until I joined this forum.
    Rosa

• day2day
    13 years ago

Yeah, it's a Scrap Attack!! I'm just recovering from mine.
    I think I burned out. It will take a while for me to recover.LOL.

~Geraldine

• barbara_l
    13 years ago

OHHHH scrap attack - it never ends. Too many ideas around for using up those bits and pieces, and not enough time to do it all. Gotta love it!

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I think I've beat the addiction of keeping anything less than 1 1/2" as I've been tossing those. I run my rotary through it a few times so it will 'decompose' easier....at least, that's what I tell myself.

RBC

• teresa_nc7
    13 years ago

Yep, 1 1/2" by 2" or more is my cut-off size also and I can now toss anything that I know I will never use - even larger scraps too.

See, when you give up some control over the scraps, you gain a lot of freedom in other areas! Ha!

Teresa

• quiltingfox
    13 years ago

That looks really good. Like your use of scraps. Hoping I can start a scrappy project later this year.

Best to you,
    Sandra

• grammyp
    13 years ago

Awesome! Do I get to do this one too?

beverly

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Beverly, You're a glutton for punishment! Yes, when it's ready for quilting, you can quilt this one, too. @:)

Sandra, Don't wait to start it. It's an on-going project. You keep squares or strips by your machine and just do a few when beginning or ending a seam. C'mon, you know you want to be a scrappy addict. Teresa is an excellent scrappy teacher. In fact, I think that must be her mission in life! lol

rbc