Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flamingo_in_ar

Perpetual Calendar- one photo-

FlamingO in AR
11 years ago

I'm in a swap group where we make 3.5" bitty blocks every month in different themes and after collecting several hundreds of them, I decided to make myself a perpetual calendar with changeable banners for each month, using 5 different bitty blocks for each month (and a birthday banner for those occasions.) So I committed 65 bitties to this project, a mere drop in my bucket. :)

I just finished it, it's my own pattern, and thought you might like to see it. I used twill tape to make the little pockets for the daily tags and doubled Warm and White for the batting for the main piece, to give it stability and thickness.

If you click on the photo, it'll show you some links underneath that photo and you can click on those links to see each month in its entirety.

I hope you like it! I've hung it in the office just behind where I sit at the computer and I'm enjoying it a lot. It'll be fun to switch it up every month.

Comments (18)

• grammyp
    11 years ago

Oh, my goodness. You are so very creative. I love the idea and may have to steal it. Thanks so much for sharing.

beverly

• tuppermom
    11 years ago

Beautiful job and so creative.
    TFS

Maryv

• day2day
    11 years ago

I agree...you're very creative and this is such a great idea.
    TFS.

~Geraldine

• toolgranny
    11 years ago

Love it. I can see PP in my future.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    11 years ago

WOW!!! I love those itty bitty blocks!!!

SharonG/FL

• jennifer_in_va
    11 years ago

Sharon, that's what I was going to say! LOVE those bitty blocks!

What a great use for (some of) them!

• littlehelen_gw
    11 years ago

Awesome...love the concept and the look! Well Done
    V.

• quilteramy
    11 years ago

That is sooo cute ! Nice Job

• quiltnhen
    11 years ago

Really cute and so beautifully made. Each little block is a mini masterpiece. Looks like there's a pattern making business in there somewhere ;-)

Don't think I'd ever finish, but it sure must be fun following it every day.

LindaB/CA

• nanajayne
    11 years ago

Very clever, a fun project and would make a great gift. Yours is lovely. TFS

• donna_loomis
    11 years ago

That is just beautiful! Good job!

• FlamingO in AR
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks so much, everyone. I honestly couldn't have done this without all the contributions from the other people in the swap. And it was so much fun going thru all the blocks and finding just the right ones for each month. I had 2 friends help me and we stayed up til about 2 in the morning (we were having a get-together at one friend's house and spending the night) going thru them and it was just so much fun.

I was just upstairs sorting my bitties and putting about half of them into a large photo album. I used 40 sheets that hold 12 each and it's too many for one big binder, I'm going to need at least 2 more binders and 40 more sheets, oy. And that's just to do the ones I have now, I get more every month. :)

Yes, it's addicting! You all ought to start swapping little blocks here every month! Get 12 people to agree to be in a swap and then you each make 12 and mail 11 away and get 11 in the mail, then you have 12 assorted blocks done in different styles and with different fabrics, it's great fun.

• minnie_tx
    11 years ago

great job

be grateful that you have good friends with like interests !!!

• itsmesuzq
    11 years ago

Amazing!! Susan you are so dang talented; its nice to see you posting here too.

Susan

• jaceysgranny
    11 years ago

Love this! I agree with others, you are very creative. I wish I had that much skill and patience.

• polardream
    11 years ago

So cute and clever! I really like your idea of making a calendar with your blocks - I can't even imagine making something so tiny.

Nicely done.
    Sue

• FlamingO in AR
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you all very much, I appreciate the encouragement and compliments. I've always liked little things, so bitty blocks are just right up my alley! I was glad to come up with an idea to use some of them for something useful. Now I want to make something else, but I need to think of an idea, first. That's what I do when I'm lying in bed not sleeping.... one of these nights, I'll think of something! I just hope I can remember what it is when I wake up! LOLOLOL

• fran1523
    11 years ago

To think I almost didn't click on this post and almost missed it. That is incredible. I love it...so creative and interesting.