Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tinyteena

Piece of Cake - April 14th - Cindy (qiltpartner)

Kristene Smith
13 years ago

Cindy,

Just starting a thread so everyone in "A Piece of Cake" can post their messages here to you in the one place.

Kristene

Comments (21)

• sandlapper_rose
    13 years ago

I just completed your block, Cindy. I'll mail it next week. I hope it works out well with the others you receive. I don't think I'll be able to post on birthdays while I am helping with the triples so here's an early Happy Birthday from me!
    Jeanne

• teresa_nc7
    13 years ago

Cindy, your block is in the mail today! Here's to happy anticipation of all your blocks!

Teresa

• chickie1
    13 years ago

I made your block over the weekend. Rainy Saturday and decide to get it done. I made one for me too. I plan to get it in the mail by the end of the week. Happy early Birthday!
    Darlene

• cindykg23
    13 years ago

SO glad I'm in multiple birthday groups this year! For some reason, this one is hitting me really hard. Normally birthdays don't bother me much --- guess I'm making up for all those years & lumping all the negativity into this one! :( :(

Darlene, it's so true! that rainy Saturdays make for perfect quilting days!! Looks like we may be having one of those here this weekend - I'll be working on Aug/Sept blocks ;)

~Cindy

• polardream
    13 years ago

Cindy,
    I mailed your block today - Have a great birthday!
    Sue

• cindykg23
    13 years ago

Teresa & Jeanne's blocks arrived yesterday:) Trying not to peek, but I may just succumb to temptation anyway! After all, it's (soon enough) my birthday & I can do what I want, right??!

~Cindy

• User
    13 years ago

Cindy, your block was mailed yesterday. And as my mother said, the older you get, the better you get.. so cherish those birthdays!

• patti60
    13 years ago

i mailed your block on tue. have a great day.

• K8Orlando
    13 years ago

Cindy, I'm running a little late, as seems to be typical for me this month, but your block will go out on Monday. I'm sorry if it doesn't arrive on you birthday but it should be close!

Kate

• cindykg23
    13 years ago

Woo-Hoo!! Opened blocks that have arrived last night! --- couldn't stand it any longer! Besides, as someone so wisely pointed out, it's MY birthday & I can open early if I want to!! (Like the way that sounds!LOL)

Rec'd beautiful blocks from Sue, Jeanne, Kay, Patti, Michelle & Teresa! Having fun with the possiblities floating around in my head!...

• lindaoh_gw
    13 years ago

Cindy, I mailed your block on Monday morning. It should be there soon! Linda OH

• magothyrivergirl
    13 years ago

Cindy, your block will be late - I am so sorry! I'll let you know when it goes in the mail. Just wanted you to know I will get it to you very soon.

• dragonflyusc
    13 years ago

D'oh! This is what I get for not being organized. Cindy, your block will go out this afternoon. Hopefully it will there by the end of the week. So sorry for being late!

• cindykg23
    13 years ago

Anyone who has to mail late - no problem! I've been there myself & I know that time gets by us sometimes, & life...well, life gets in the way! So please! don't worry! Posting is a nice heads up (but sometimes I've not even remembered to do that!) I figure we all are flexible as well as understanding:) And as someone has said - it just stretches out the celebration! Whoopee!! Pass out the party hats!!!

~Cindy

• magothyrivergirl
    13 years ago

Cindy, I got your block made and mailed it today! Yea!!
    It should be there in a few days hopefully.

• Kristene Smith
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Happy birthday to you
    Happy birthday to you
    Happy birthday dear Cindy
    Happy birthday to you!!

We all wish you a fantastic birthday and declare you to be joint Quilting Queen for the day - with Linda - enjoy your day!

Kristene

• magothyrivergirl
    13 years ago

Happy Birthday Cindy!

• polardream
    13 years ago

happy birthday Cindy! I hope your day was great.
    Sue

• cindykg23
    13 years ago

Thank you for the incredible blocks! I have rec'd from~
    Sue
    Andrea
    Kate
    Marsha
    Jeanne
    Michelle
    Pat
    Teresa
    Kay
    Linda
    Darlene
    They all look great together! I'll post a pic soon - I actually may be assembling them sooner rather than later (which is a switch, I know! LOL) I have plans for this quilt,so maybe it will be born soon!

I spent the majority of my birthday with 3 little people - 14 mo, just 2 & 5. Each one of them is a light in my life! The fact that they are adorable & precious helps too! We then went out to dinner & visited w/my mom for awhile. Then home! because DH had made new shelving for my sewing room!! And I wanted to reorganize, & putz around in there --- which I did until nearly midnight! Oh well, you only turn __ once! But playing around in my sewing room was a perfect way to cap off the day!
    Since we are expecting rain the first part of next week, I'll probably garden tomorrow & sew while it's raining. That is IF I get to schedule my own life next week! LOL

Thanks again to all!
    ~Cindy

• buteau3rd
    13 years ago

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!Cindy. I've been a little distracted this month, so It came as a surprise when I went on line today and here it had already been your B'day! From what you posted, I'd say it was just what you wanted! A special birthday for a special person!

• macbeaner
    13 years ago

Hi Cindy!

Looks like I'm the straggler! I'm sorry! Your block will go in the mail tomorrow! The last couple of weeks have been insane.

Can't wait to see your quilt! ;)

Happy Birthday!