Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tinyteena

Ribbons & Bows - April 14th - Linda (Benken)

Kristene Smith
13 years ago

Linda,

I have finished your block so will be psting it tomorrow, 25th March, since it has to travel a long way from Australia. Hopefully you should receive it before your birthday.

Kristene

Comments (26)

• sandlapper_rose
    13 years ago

Linda,
    I just finished making your block and will get it in the mail next week. This was my first time working with Civil War colors so I hope what I picked out will work well in your quilt. The block was fun to make. I didn't realize this until my Keepsake Quilter Catalog arrived, but this year marks the 150th anniversary of the beginning of the Civil War.
    Jeanne

• Kristene Smith
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Just bumping back to page 1

Kristene

• benken
    13 years ago

Sorry to have not responded sooner....I just got home today after spending about ten days on a mission trip in Haiti. We built two small, cement block homes and got to work with many children as well. Kristene, I will be watching the mail...don't worry if it isn't here by the 14th...that will just spread out the fun!

Jeanne, your block was waiting in my mailbox today and it is just perfect in every way. I did not realize about the anniversary either....ssshhh, don't tell my husband--he's a history teacher!

• nanajayne
    13 years ago

Linda,
    Your BDB went out in the mail this AM. Enjoy.
    Jayne

• Robbi D.
    13 years ago

I bought fabric yesterday, so as soon as I can get it cut and put together it will be in the mail!

Robbi

• grammyp
    13 years ago

Finally got logged in!!!

Your block should be arriving any time now.

beverly

• benken
    13 years ago

I found two more squishies in my mailbox today.....one from Beverly P and one from Jayne. Thank you both....I opened the first one that arrived but I'm trying to wait for the rest until my birthday. We'll see if I can hold out that long!

• User
    13 years ago

Mailed your block yesterday!

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    13 years ago

Linda, Your BD block went out in today's mail.

Thank you for your work in Haiti. Haiti has been my family's 'mission' for over 30 years and Salijo's church sends a group down twice a year. DD2 and DGD are scheduled to go down this summer.

SharonG/FL

• wendyfaye
    13 years ago

Your block from Faye is on its way....

• benken
    13 years ago

Received an envelope from Kay yesterday. I'm getting a nice little stack but I'm still holding off on all but the first!

Sharon, I give your DD and DGD a lot of credit for going in the summer...March was already VERY hot. This was my first trip there and I admit I was taken aback at the conditions, especially in Port Au Prince. Perhaps not quite so bad in Grand Guave, where we stayed.

• tuppermom
    13 years ago

I made your block today at my guild's UFO day. I love it so much that I want to keep it!

Have to take DS out tomorrow so will mail it then.
    Hope it arrives on time.

Mary

• Robbi D.
    13 years ago

I finished your block last night and will get it in the mail this afternoon. You should have it by the first of the week at the latest.

Robbi

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    13 years ago

Linda, Quite a few years ago when DD went down to live there, I went down with her and stayed a week in Sept. It was hot then, too. She ended up teaching the children of the missionaries there and learned quite a bit about the Haitian people and their lifestyle. It appears her compassion for them has been passed on to her daughter.

SharonG/FL

• tuppermom
    13 years ago

Your block is in the mail. The postal clerk told me it would arrive in 4-6 business days. We will see! In theory you should have it before your birthday.

Mary

• justamomofsix
    13 years ago

Your block is going to be a little late...i am sorry...my father-in-law passed away last week and i got off track...i hope to get it mailed by Monday...
    Thanks,
    Katherine

• benken
    13 years ago

Katherine, I am sorry to hear of your family's loss. Please don't worry for a moment about being late....I will enjoy it whenever it gets here.

Yesterday I received envelopes from Sharon, Kristene and Robbi. That makes seven so far.

Linda

• justamomofsix
    13 years ago

Linda,

I got your block mailed today. You may have it by Friday or Saturday, with any luck.
    I hope you have a wonderful birthday tomorrow!!

Katherine

• benken
    13 years ago

Thank you, Katherine. I am soooo excited to open up the rest of these tomorrow, and I'll still have some to look forward to!!

I received one from Faye, making eight so far.

Linda

• Kristene Smith
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Happy birthday to you
    Happy birthday to you
    Happy birthday dear Linda
    Happy birthday to you!!

We all wish you a very Happy Birthday and declare you to be joint Quilting Queen for the day - with Cindy -

• benken
    13 years ago

I had such a fun time opening my envelopes last evening!! Thank you one and all---they are all just what I had in mind. Several of you sent along extra fabric, an extra block or the cut-off triangles and I so am looking forward to seeing it all come together.

I have received blocks from :
    Sharon (geezerfolks)
    Robbi (Lafonda-ranch)
    Beverly (grammyp)
    Jayne (nanajayne)
    Faye (faytay)
    Jeanne (sandlapper rose)
    Kristene (tinyteena)
    Katherine (justamomofsix)
    Kay (kay in pa)
    Cindy (quiltpartner)

Mary's is on the way, but not here just yet and I received a nice e-mail note from Salijo that hers will be coming soon.

Again, thank you all..I love every one of them.

Linda

• benken
    13 years ago

Mary, your block arrived yesterday....LOVE the fabrics. They are all looking so good together. I'm going to have to have my daughter help me get a picture posted once I have them all.

Linda

• tuppermom
    13 years ago

Thanks for letting me know it arrived. You just can't figure on how long to give it.
    The fabrics are from my Civil War reproduction box. I am making Nancy Rink's BOM "Ode to the Blue and Grey".

• benken
    13 years ago

Oooohhh, I checked out that link on the other posting. We're history buffs, so that is right up my alley...would love to see pictures someday when yours is done.

• salijo
    12 years ago

Linda, your block finally went out today. Hopefully it will only take a couple of days to get there as we aren't that far away from each other. Warsaw is just on the other side of Fort Wayne, IN.

salijo

• benken
    12 years ago

Salijo, got your block yesterday...another beauty! I have now received all of my blocks and I want to thank you all for a set of wonderful stars!

Linda