Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Birthday Block Exchange Community Discussions - March 2012

Posted by sandlapper_rose (My Page) on
Fri, Mar 2, 12 at 9:25

This is a place for the people in the Birthday Block Exchange to post pictures as they complete their quilts. Many of us took the year off to assemble quilt blocks received in prior years. However, it's not just for that. You are welcome to come here to chat and get to know each other better or to share pictures of other thinsgs. Visitors are certainly welcome, too!
Jeanne

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Birthday Block Exchange Community Discussions - March 2012

I got my bday quilt from last year finished over the weekend! I did minimal quilting with mostly SITD as I wanted each unique block design to stand out. DH's reaction was "WOW!". I think he likes it very much. I love it! :) Thank you again to everyone from the "make a wish" group who made blocks for this quilt. Photobucket

Dee

o

Great job Dee! Love the colors.
I can't wait to get my blocks so I can make my 2011/2012 birthday quilt. I chose the same block so I will have 24 blocks....no sashing!

o

Dee,
That is absolutely beautiful! I love blue and brown together and what wonderful fabric you found for the border. I have been working on a charity quilt, but seeing your quilt completed makes me want to pull out some of my birthday blocks. I may set the charity quilt aside for a few days and work on a birthday blocks quilt!
Thnaks so much for sharing the picture.
Jeanne

o

Thank you both! I wasn't sure what I was going to use for sashing/border. One of those....I will know when I see it things. Found that fabric while on a shop hop last summer and my sister in law convinced me to get it. At first I second guessed my decision as too busy but after quilting SITD to make the block designs "pop", I think the sashing ties together the color combos. I am hosting a "girl's day" with DH's sisters, nieces, Mom, Aunts and cousins this coming weekend and was motivated to get it finished in time!

I look forward to seeing others birthday quilts as you complete them. Keeps me motivated!

o

Your quilt is really beautiful Dee. I was in the Make a Wish group, so am happy that I was able to contribute to your quilt. Your sashings certainly do tie the blocks together really well. Well done

Kristene

o

What a beautiful quilt. The sashing fabric is perfect.
Thank you for sharing the picture.

What shape is the block on the bottom corners?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here