Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
k8orlando2

#1 Round Robin: CrossCountry (FINALE)

K8Orlando
13 years ago

We're getting so close to the end of this wonderful Round Robin! I didn't want you to run out of space at the last minute so I've started a new post for you.

Congrats to all of you for an excellent Robin!

Kate

(If you want to see the 140+ posts made from the beginning of this Robin, click here: #1 Round Robin - CrossCountry )

Comments (79)

• jackier123
    12 years ago

I am waiting on the word.

Jackie

• polardream
    12 years ago

Me too ... I haven't heard back from anyone else ...
    Sue

• lola99
    12 years ago

I could do it now, but since we didn't all coordinate, how about tomorrow, April 12, after 4 pm Pacific/7 pm Eastern? I'll send an email to everyone in the group in addition to posting here. Let me know if this time will work for you or not.

• polardream
    12 years ago

Sounds great to me ... I am anxious!
    Sue

• cindykg23
    12 years ago

4 today works fine - I'll try to keep watch that it is a go

excited!!!

• jackier123
    12 years ago

Sounds good to me.

Jackie

• lola99
    12 years ago

Has anyone heard from Gena?

Cindy, you are in the Eastern Time zone, right? If so, then it would be 7 PM tonight. Does that still work for you?

• cindykg23
    12 years ago

Yes, 7 is fine- forgot about the time difference! 7 for me is actually better than 4 for me:)

• lola99
    12 years ago

35 more minutes! I'm heading home now...

See you in a bit.

Anyone getting excited???

• lola99
    12 years ago

Ready to open?

Is anyone else out there?

Lola

• jackier123
    12 years ago

I am here.

Jackie

• lola99
    12 years ago

Anyone else out there?

Jackie, are you opening?

I keep getting a "reject message" because I am typing too many messages in a row.

• polardream
    12 years ago

I'm here & ready!

• jackier123
    12 years ago

I am opening as we speak. Will have a photo soon.

Jackie

• lola99
    12 years ago

WOW! My quilt is BEAUTIFUL. You all did an amazing job. I'm off to take a picture. I'll be back in a flash. Thank you so much.

• K8Orlando
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Sitting on the edge of my office chair waiting for pictures!!!

• jackier123
    12 years ago

I absolutely love it! You guys are a really creative bunch. Any suggestions on how to finish it? I know you guys can come up with something more creative than me! Excuse the yellowish tint of the photo. It is really cloudy here so I had to take this picture inside. The photo does not do the quilt justice.

Jackie

• lola99
    12 years ago

Sorry that took so long! Here it is...

I just can't get enough of looking at it!

Sue, I love your flying geese and square within a square. I can't tell where my center ends and your round begins. And you are right, your yellow is exactly the same color as mine.

Jackie, your four patch is perfect. I love all the different blues and the yellow and red thrown in.

Cindy, the Detectable Mountain border (?) is amazing. I have not seen it before and it really sets off the work that Sue and Jackie did.

Gena, your round is great. I like the large blue "bricks" and the yellow corners. It gives me the feeling of stability.

Colleen, thank you so much for finishing the quilt! Your round ties it all together, echoing the inner red borders and the original blue and white block.

Thank you all SO much! What a fun project this has been.

• polardream
    12 years ago

I keep getting rejected ...

Everyone did such a great job - I really love mine. I know I presented you with a big challenge and you all did a fabulous job! Thank you thank you!

• cindykg23
    12 years ago

Mine is AMAZING!!! LOVE IT!!

I've tried for 45 minutes to post this & I'll keep trying:) I think I've gotten every error message known to man!
    I'll post pics ASAP - hopefully

MY QUILT IS BEAUTIFUL!! THANK YOU EVERYONE!! :):):):)

• K8Orlando
    Original Author
    12 years ago

WOW and WOW! Two beautiful quilts; thoughtful and creative!

• lola99
    12 years ago

One thing that helped when I was getting the error message was to change the subject of the posting. If anyone is still having problems, try doing that.

• cindykg23
    12 years ago

Hoping this works...

OK, how do I get it to show in the body of a post?
    I'll write the info down this time -- promise!

Here is a link that might be useful: CrossCountryRRquiltpartner

• K8Orlando
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Cindy,
    To embed a picture with the text you need to copy the html code from Photobucket, then post that with the text.
    Kate

• K8Orlando
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Like this:

Another great quilt!!!!

• K8Orlando
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I said earlier "two beautiful quilts" but more had been posted and didn't show up on my computer when I posted that. They are ALL gorgeous! I'm so happy for you all! What a fun and exciting Robin.

Kate

• jackier123
    12 years ago

I agree, they are all fantastic. Great job ladies.

Jackie

• magothyrivergirl
    12 years ago

Wow! They are beautiful! Everyone should be thrilled! This is such a talented group! Great job everyone!I love them all.

• sunnycentralfl
    12 years ago

How beautiful! You all or so talented and inovative! What an inspiration!
    Gwen

• colleenny
    12 years ago

I will post mine tomorrow. I am away right now. Colleen

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    12 years ago

Oh my! You girls are so creative!!!! Awesome job!!!

SharonG/FL

• cindykg23
    12 years ago

This was my first ever Round Robin - & what an incredible experience!! I'm SO glad I signed up for this!

If anyone has been sitting on the fence, not sure if they want to participate in a round robin ---- these quilts should 'push' you over to the YES!! side! :)
    Wouldn't you just love being a part of something so awesome!?! Next time there is a RR offered - go for it!! You'll be glad you did!

~Cindy

ps Kate,

Thanks! for posting the pic, not just a link. I couldn't get the html code to copy/post or something. But then I've had boo-coo problems with GW today. I also broke a contact lens (right in half!) & am really have a problem seeing much of anything! :(

• colleenny
    12 years ago

Thanks to everyone for the beautiful quilt top. I love it. ColleenNY

• lola99
    12 years ago

Wow Colleen, your top looks great! It is really fun to see how it turned out. Everyone did such a nice job on all the quilts.

Has anyone heard from Gena? I took a picture of her top after I added my round, and I could post that picture, but it would only be half way done. Cindy, did you happen to take a picture of it before you sent it on to Gena?

• nanajayne
    12 years ago

Everyone did a remarkable job. RR take a lot of immagination and courage from my view point. It is a real challange to accept such a creative responsability.
    Congratualtion everyone. Jayne

• toolgranny
    12 years ago

Great job, ladies. It's fascinating to see the starting blocks on the top of the post and compare them to the finished ones on the bottom. You can't even tell it's done in stages as each blends with the previous so well. No, Cindy, I don't think I can manage the next one but I certainly admire those of you who do this. Someday!

• jackier123
    12 years ago

I would be up for another one with this group in a heartbeat. They all did a fantastic job.

Jackie

• polardream
    12 years ago

Jackie, I agree! It really was a fun group. I think everyone really thought a lot about the quilt when they arrived at our houses and wanted to make sure that what we sent along was something we would have been proud to recieve. I, too, encouage others to participate if given the chance!

Sue

• lola99
    12 years ago

Yes, I agree - it was a fun group and the results speak for themselves. I would encourage others to participate in future round robins. It is a really fun challenge.

I do NEED a tutorial on squaring up tops. Maybe I'll start another post on that topic to get some help before I join another RR.

• wynative
    12 years ago

Beautiful quilts Ladies!! Love the pink/black one :D

Marie

• cindykg23
    12 years ago

Yes, I did take a pic of Gena's quilt - has she posted anything? I sure hope she likes it!?

http://s1127.photobucket.com/albums/l634/quiltpartner/?action=edit&current=RR2011bothgroups001.jpg

• cindykg23
    12 years ago

Kate, what did I do wrong this time??? Gr-rrrrrrrrr! - I'm still not getting the pic to post.

• polardream
    12 years ago

Cindy,
    Here is Gena's quilt

• lola99
    12 years ago

Wow, I love what you guys did with Gena's top! It is so fun to see what happened to the quilt tops after I sent them on. We have such a creative group of quilters.

Cindy, did you actually make 20 36-patch centers for your stars!?!? That would have taken me a year to do. It looks fantastic!

Lola

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    12 years ago

I keep coming back and admiring these gorgeous quilts! You girls did an awesome job making sure each round complements the beginning center.

SharonG/FL

• cindykg23
    12 years ago

Lola,

Yes, I really did make 20 blocks, w/36sq centers. While I worried later that it was too much, I really wanted to bring Gena's center star back into the quilt. And I loved what she had done! Her center star is awesome! I was fortunate to find really close lavendar & yellow batiks & that helped make up my mind. It really was a labor of love, - I like it so much it was a little hard to send back! LOL I just pray Gena likes it!! I haven't heard anything ?

• bozogardener
    12 years ago

These quilt tops are truly awesome. I can't believe the beautiful work that each of you did to enhance the centers! I am truly blown away by these.

• lola99
    12 years ago

Bozogardener, thanks for your nice comments. And thanks to the others who commented above. It's really fun to share this with everyone.

Cindy, all I can say is WOW! I think it looks great and I'm really impressed with the amount of work that went into doing all of those little squares.

The more I look at each quilt top the more I notice the little details. I've been looking at Gena's lately, and I just noticed that Jackie continued the dark purple on the diagonal with her HST. Its little details like that that just make each quilt look wonderful. Nice job everyone!

• cindykg23
    12 years ago

Cross Country RR -

I heard from Gena & wanted to let you all know that she is OK! I was getting pretty worried since she hadn't posted for so long, so I emailed her. Here is the gist of her response - & hopefully we'll hear from her 'in person' soon!

[Cindy,

Thanks for asking about me. But no worries. I have dial up internet and our phone lines have been out for several days, due to bad storms and then someone stole the phone lines for the copper to sell. Today is my first day back on here since they went out. I'm so sorry I missed the reveal for the quilts. But I loved my quilt and I wanted to say that you done an excellent job on the final round. That must have really took some time. I appreciate all your hard work on my quilt. I loved my quilt but unfortunately I can't post a picture (dial-up sooooooo slow). I'm gonna try to get on the GW and look at all the quilts this weekend (hopefully I'll have some free time) I still can't post on there so if you don't mind pass it on that I loved my quilt and each round was really great and I plan on emailing each person and thanking them myself. -Gena ]

Sev'l months ago tinyteena emailed me when I'd been MIA for awhile. It's comforting to know how much the GW members care for one another - & look out for each other! What a wonderful group of people you are!!

Hugs to each & every one!!
    ~Cindy

• lola99
    12 years ago

Oh good, I'm so glad to know that Gena is ok (and that she likes her quilt!). Thanks for letting us know.

Sponsored
Prime Custom Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars43 Reviews
DC Metro's Award Winning Custom Design, Build, and Remodeling Company