Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pinwheel Baby Quilts for twins

Posted by faytay (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 27, 11 at 9:15

I made these using Eleanor Burns' method which I think she calls 'Twin Sisters' which produces a set of blocks turning clockwise and another turning counter clockwise.

2010 was a rough year for me, so the boys are almost a year old. Oh well, better late than never, right?

Faye
Photobucket
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pinwheel Baby Quilts for twins

Those look great! I know the parents will love them.

Sure hope 2011 is a better year for you and I hope very much that you can make it to the retreat this year! I can pick you up at Raleigh or Greensboro if you decide to fly? And get you back to the airport too, of course.

Teresa

o

Such a good job! Absolutely perfect.....and you are right "better late than never". They well be so appreciated and well mean alot to them both...Good job!

o

Those are really cute. Funny, but just yesterday my guild had a class teaching that pattern. It's so easy and looks more complicated than it is. Hope 2011 is better for you too.

o

Those are beautiful. I love the colors. Thanks for sharing the picture.

o

Faye, they are wonderful....perfect for twins. Nice colors and pattern and I really like that border fabric. TFS.

Hope 2011 is a great year for you.

~Geraldine

o

Very nice and a good choice of patterns for twins=identical in reverse. This group does have it's share of multipal births. lol. I am sure they will love them and learn to know their letter from them.
TFS
Jayne

o

Very nice, Fay! They won't remember that they were a year old by the time they got their quilts, anyway.

Donna

o

Nice job, Faye. The twins will still feel all the love coming from you through the quilts.

SharonG/FL

o

They are lovely Faye!!! I think the children enjoy them more when they are older. I have that pattern and I have planned to make it. It is called Double Pinwheel.
Rosa

Here is a link that might be useful: DoublePinwheel

o

Those quilts look really awesome! What size did you make the blocks?

Best to you,
Sandra

o

My friend loves them and I think the boys really like them too. One was chewing on his within minutes, haha.

I think they were 8" squares.

Thanks for all the nice comments.

Faye

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here