Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
letat_gw

Looking for grammyP

LetaT
10 years ago

I am looking for someone to quilt a top that was pieced by my grandmother. A friend suggested that I try to contact grammyP on this forum to see if she would be interested. So, here I am looking for this person. If you're grammyP would you please e-mail me at: leta.tolbert@gmail.com
Thanks!

LetaT

Comments (11)

• grammyp
    10 years ago

I sent you a message and would love to know who your friend is.

beverly

• kathi_mdgd
    10 years ago

Beverly;
    I'm leta's friend.I guess I should have asked you first;but it was one of those spur of the moment things.Hope you don't mind.I remembered all your beautiful quilts; and when Leta asked me if I could recommend anyone; your name was the first that popped into my head.

I don't come over here as much as I used to before my battle with breast cancer; as I can't t handle making big quilts any longer.
    I still pop in now and again to see what you gals are up to..

I apologize if I stepped out of line.
    Kathi

• kathi_mdgd
    10 years ago

Beverly;
    I'm leta's friend.I guess I should have asked you first;but it was one of those spur of the moment things.Hope you don't mind.I remembered all your beautiful quilts; and when Leta asked me if I could recommend anyone; your name was the first that popped into my head.

I don't come over here as much as I used to before my battle with breast cancer; as I can't t handle making big quilts any longer.
    I still pop in now and again to see what you gals are up to..

I apologize if I stepped out of line.
    Kathi

• grammyp
    10 years ago

Not a problem Kathi, I was just a bit surprised. I am waiting to hear back from her. I have several projects I need to finish, but am sure we an work out something.

Hope you are doing well, it's good to hear from you. I was looking through old posts the other day and came across several names I haven't seen much. Think I will check on some of them to make sure they are ok.

beverly

• nannykins
    10 years ago

Kathi; I hope things are going well in your battle and you are winning!
    My oldest daughter has just gone through the whole nine yards and is doing well. I wish the same for you.
    Beverly: I keep thinking the same thing, like where is so-and-so. One I think about is Mary Tuppermom. I hope all those "missing in action" are just on sabbatical.
    Theresa

• kathi_mdgd
    10 years ago

Beverly,
    I'm glad I wasn't out of line,i'm sure it was a surprise,but I wasn't thinking that quickly when I spoke to Leta.The brain is not as quick today as it used to be!! LOL

Theresa,I'm doing great,it will be 6 years cancer free for me this august.It was a struggle,but I got thru it and consider myself truly Blessed.

They had to remove a lot of lymph nodes under both arms so that left me unable to do quite a few things for a couple years.Like cross stitch,think it took like 2 1/2 yrs to be able to do it again,but I was determined to not let it get me down and keep me down.

I only do baby size quilts these days,as the others are too heavy to handle.I can also still piece larger ones,just can't put them together any longer.

I'm back in the gardens again and living and enjoying everyday that I am blessed with.Just turned 76 yesterday,so another blessings.

I wish your dd the best,tell her to keep a positive attitude as that is half the battle.I hope she doesn't have too many side effects from any treatments she has to go through.It's all doable though!!

I'll add her and you to my prayer list.
    Kathi

• nannykins
    10 years ago

Thank you for the prayers Kathi. Virginia, my daughter, aged 59 now, has had the most positive attitude anyone could ever have. I am so proud of her. She, too, is c- free now and with our prayers and yours, she will stay that way. She just had her first grandchild and is over the moon with that.
    Happy Belated Birthday! And every good wish for continued good health.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    10 years ago

Kathi, So glad to see you posting and that you're cancer free! If you have time, please keep in touch with us, even if you aren't quilting. You can still offer advice and encouragement.

There's a gal on another forum who will take the smaller size tops, complete them and then at Christmas time, they go to what she calls Adopted Families that the college she works at sponsors. So, smaller quilts/tops are still needful.......I'll probably send her a few this year.

SharonG/FL

• kathi_mdgd
    10 years ago

Thanks ,Sharon and Nan,that's good to know,about the college Sharon.I still like piecing,and quilting smaller ones.But I can only make so many for the grans and great grands.

I'll keep this in mind,and thanks for the well wishes, I send the same to anyone dealing with the big"C" word.It's a rough road to travel,but with a good attitude and help from above,it's doable.

Nan,congrats to your dd on her 1st gc and to you as well.Was it a boy or girl??

I'll stay in touch with you ladies,as time permits.
    Take Care,and Blessings to all!!
    Kathi

• nannykins
    10 years ago

I sent a note to Mary Tuppermom to check in on her.
    This is her response. One missing person accounted for.
    Theresa

Had an eventful winter....9 days without power from the ice storm at Christmas then another 6 days to get the hot water heating system fully operational. There was some trim pulled off of walls to get to pipes and closets and rooms emptied so have purged a lot of stuff since it was out anyway. Our daughter who moved to Montreal for school got engaged at the end of Jan so that is taking up some of my time. The wedding is not until May 2015 so I am sure it will take up more of my time the closer to the big day we get! I also changed computers and forgot the web address. Lisa gave it to me last week so will be stopping in again soon.

• grammyp
    10 years ago

I think it has been a bad winter for a lot of our folks. Thanks for the update Theresa.

beverly

Sponsored
Creating Thoughtful, Livable Spaces For You in Franklin County