Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
patty314

Getting started

patty314
10 years ago

Hi, I am just newly signed up for quilt forum. How do I get started and what do I do to submit finished blocks? Oh, and to whom? ?? Thanks, Patty

Comments (12)

• quiltnhen
    10 years ago

Welcomeð it's a wonderful friendly group. I hope you enjoy the fun. I'll try to copy or link the lotto info, but maybe one of the organizers will chime in soon.
    LindaB/CA

• quiltnhen
    10 years ago

The post says 2014 lotto At -a-glance. It's on page 3 in my list of posts.

• day2day
    10 years ago

Welcome. Nice friendly group here.

I see that Kate has already moved the other thread to the top of the list.

Here is a link that might be useful: feb. 2014 lotto

• day2day
    10 years ago

OOPS!....I'm still in Feb......as if this winter isn't long enough!!

Here is a link that might be useful: March 2014 Lotto

• loisflan
    10 years ago

Hi, Patty. Welcome to the forum. The instructions for the March Lotto Block are in the thread (post) that is entitled "2014 Lotto - March." I think everything you need to participate is detailed there. If you'd like to see the blocks for the rest of the year, go to the thread entitled "2014 Lotto At-a-glance."

You will love this forum. Everyone is so friendly and supportive. Some of the gals have been to retreats together, so they know each other personally. Some of us are just Internet friends (although I did meet Sharon aka GeezerFolks when she visited Minneapolis a couple of years ago).

If you have any more questions, just ask. Someone will be sure to answer. Have fun. Lois

• grammyp
    10 years ago

Welcome to the group, we just love getting fresh ideas and pictures. Please share your accomplishments and questions with us.

beverly

• polardream
    10 years ago

Welcome, Patty!

You will love it here. Lots of good ideas, great answers when you have questions, and good friendships formed.
    We look forward to having you join us!
    Sue

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    10 years ago

Hi Patty, Welcome and waving from Florida. If you hang around here long enough, you'll soon discover the fun and camaraderie we have going on. There are ups and downs, backwards and forwards and standing still moments we help each other get through.

Have fun!!

SharonG/FL

• littlehelen_gw
    10 years ago

Hello and Welcome!!!...Always happy to have a new member. I joined actively about two years ago and can echo what everyone else has stated...friendly, supportive group... we love pics and when you need advice, this experienced group is here to help...

I'm especially excited to welcome a new monthly lotto participant. If you can email me at littlehelen@comcast.net, I will send you the address to mail your monthly blocks as well as answer any other questions on the lotto; however, K8 has pretty much covered all the bases in her 2014 Lotto at a glance posting. Lotto participation is optional, but the more participants the merrier!

Welcome...

Valarie

• patty314
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Oh my!! Thank all of you for the warm welcome. When I figure out how to do it, I want to post a picture of a quilt I made for my sister Beth!
    Again, Thanks to all of you.

• K8Orlando
    9 years ago

Patty,
    You can post pictures two ways (probably more ways than that but two that I know of). Option #1 is to just click on the "Image file to upload" button when you start a new message. When you click on "preview message" the image will appear and you can decide if you are happy with it before clicking on "submit" to finalize the posting. Once you submit it, you can't change it.

Option #2 - my favorite - is to have a Photobucket account (free) and to post pictures from there. I like that better because you can alter the picture size in Photobucket and you can even delete it. Changes there will have an effect on the picture here, even after you post it, so you keep control of the image. If you just use the direct link in Option #1, you don't have the opportunity to alter the picture or ever delete it. To post a picture from Photobucket, copy the "html code" (you'll see it at your picture) and paste that into your text message here. It will just look like text until you preview the message and then your picture will show up.

Let us know if you have any questions!

Kate

• patty314
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Kate, Thanks. I'll give the pictures a try soon.

Sponsored
Arete Construction Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Experienced Craftsman & Top Quality Masonry in Frederick County