Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19692457

Finished quilt

User
16 years ago

Finished the binding on Emma's I Spy. It's for her first birthday, October 4, 2008. For once, I'm ahead of the game.

{{!gwi}}

Comments (26)

• vicky4x4
    16 years ago

I love the name at the bottom. Very bright and beautiful, she'll love it!

Vicky

• lynn06
    16 years ago

That is really, really cute. She going to love the bright colors. That's a neat way that you added her name to it also. Very nice quilt. I'm sure your feeling pretty proud of yourself having it done ahead of time too, at least I would be. Her birthday is on the same day as my Mom's.
    Lynn in Mn

• User
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Thanks! I'll bet if you look closely, a lot of you will see fabrics we swapped in the last I Spy swap.

My younger son, Brian was born 5/24, the Sunday of Labor Day weekend. Benjamin (older son's first child) was born 5/28, the Sunday of Labor Day weekend.
    Brian died on 10/3 at 10:23pm. Emma was born 10/4 at 10:21pm.

No one can convince me there are not spiritual forces at work in our lives.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    16 years ago

Dian, Emma will love this quilt! I really like the black and white border you put around it...I never thought about doing that, but I think I'll try it on the next I Spy..it really makes it vibrant!

I'm also a believer of spiritual forces.....

SharonG/FL

• day2day
    16 years ago

I like the border on your quilt.Also like the name on the bottom with the birthday block in front of it. She'll love all those colors and pictures.TFS.
    ~Geraldine

• scraphappy
    16 years ago

Very nicely done! I'm sure she'll love it, and I love the touch of having her name on it, and the block also that says "Happy Birthday". I also believe there are spiritual forces at work in our lives.

• rosajoe_gw
    16 years ago

Ditto on the spiritual forces!!!! Beautiful quilt, I also think the border just tie it all together. She will love it.
    Rosa

• agnesd
    16 years ago

Just great. What size are the squares and borders? I'd like to make one for my GS. Thanks.

• coalaska
    16 years ago

Really like this quilt! The borders on each block, and the checkerboard border--very nice.

Cheryl

• toolgranny
    16 years ago

That's just a work of art. I'm sure she'll love it.
    Linda

• suellen_delawares
    16 years ago

I bet you had a lot of fun making that quilt. Emma is very lucky to have someone like you to make her this wonderful quilt. Great quilting
    Suellen

• fran1523
    16 years ago

I love it. What a great way to use your novelty squares. The colored sashing and b&w border really set it off.

• gerizone5
    16 years ago

She will absolutely love it. Great job. Black and white border is great--it really sets it off.

Geri

• digger
    16 years ago

It's beautiful - and was probably healing to work on too. All good things that come into my life are from those mysterious spiritual forces - I'm sure Emma will treasure it always!~

Digger
    aka Marie in Michigan

• froggyquilter
    16 years ago

That is absolutely gorgeous!!! I love the bright colors!!!

• love2sew
    16 years ago

Nice way to feature the I Spy blocks...also love your borders! Great quilt.
    Jean

• mayme
    16 years ago

That is the best I Spy quilt I've ever seen!
    Mayme

• nanajayne
    16 years ago

Emma will love it as much as I do. Everything goes togeather so perfectly and is so creative. You must be proud and have had a lot of fun.
    How old will she be? She shares her BD with Charlton Heston!! I have always told my husband of 57yrs. that I CH ever asked I would leave in a minute!!! Jayne

• ddavisgray
    16 years ago

Dian,

Emma's quilt is beautiful and I believe she will definately love it.

The colors are perfect, and including her name is such a good idea. The borders are great.I love it!

I'm saving it in my inspiration file.

Let us know what her reaction is.

doris

• redpenny
    16 years ago

That is really cute. She going to love the bright colors.
    Red

• User
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Emma, my granddaughter, will be one year old on 10/4/08! I gave her brother, Ben an octagonal I Spy on his first birthday. Those hexagons were quite a challenge for my first I Spy, but well worth the effort. Here's the top as I was working on it.
    {{!gwi}}
    Finished sizes: novelty squares 5", inner borders 3/4", each block of the black & white border 1.5", outer orange border 2.5".

Thanks for your comments. I love doing I Spy quilts!

Dianne

• sew_self-taught
    16 years ago

IÂm just about to start an I Spy. IÂm so happy you posted yours. It is fantastic! IÂm saving a copy of the pic for ideas. You really did a great job with color and I also love that her name is on it, and the border is wonderful!

The one you made for Ben is amazing too. I am impressed.

Nina

• blueiris24
    16 years ago

I LOVE your I Spy Quilt! Did you follow a pattern or make it up? It's one of the nicest ones I've seen - and finished months ahead of time?! That has yet to happen to me --- great job.

• cannahavana
    16 years ago

What a fun quilt Diane! Emma will love it!

Rebecca

• bopeep
    16 years ago

I love your I spy quilts toooo !!!!
    You did a great job on both of them !!!!!
    Very colorful !!!
    bopeep

• chrizty
    16 years ago

i like them both! good job ya did,