Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Beatles baby

Posted by new2quilting (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 4, 12 at 3:40

I had 2 16" panels left of Beatles fabric that I used to make a tote back when this came out. I'm trying to "shop in my stash" more, so I made this baby quilt for a Beatles loving mom out of one panel and some leftover fabric. Since the fabric wasn't really quilt shop quality I wanted something soft for the back and bought a pretty yellow flannel. My first time working with flannel and I really pinned it, probably went overboard. I did straight line quilting with a walking foot.

Beatles baby front

Also found this cute Beatles yellow submarine shirt at Target for the 3 year old big brother to be. The flap flips up to show the Beatles inside the sub. I would have bought one for me if they made them my size!

Photobucket

Still have one panel left and a bit of fabric, not sure who'd get that one though...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Beatles baby

It's perfect! Charming, fun, bright --- all the good stuff! The t-shirt is adorable and I would buy one too!

Have you thought about making a tote for yourself with the remaining panel and fabric? That could be really cute. Not as great as a t-shirt with a hidden panel, but pretty cool anyway. :~))

Kate

o

That's really special. I've never seen a shirt like that either. They will be so pleased. I love the colors.

o

How cute is that! I just bought some Beatles fabric yesterday to add to my collection. My DD loves The Beatles so I will eventually make her a quilt.
TFS
Mary

o

Really cute tee and I love the quilt! very creative!
Rosa

o

I would never have thought of it but it really turned out very nice. I bet any child would go crazy over it and never even know who the Beatles were. lol. The shirt is adorable. I know MOM will be thrilled as well as the children.

o

Cute tee.

I would love to own the quilt!
TFS.

~Geraldine

o

What a great baby quilt. I love the big yellow star. You are very creative. And you used your stash too. Good job!

o

How adorable!! How about a pillow to go with it? My ds received a handmade quilt with matching pillow when he was born.

Robbi

o

Absolutely the most unique gift -- and the best quilt ever!
Mommies are often left out of the gift giving when new babies arrives. She will undoubtedly know how special this Beatles quilt you made is for her new baby. The T shirt for big brother is perfect.
You win the prize for best gift!

o

So cute and so well done! What a unique gift for a special mommy and big brother.
Best wishes, Corinne

o

Thanks all! I totally could have done a pillow and often have given a matching one with leftover scraps! I gave it to her on Sunday and she liked it and big brother liked having a present of his own to open (even if it was clothes). A few of the women looked at me and said "You made that?!" I was like, of course :-)

o

Love this quilt! The matching shirt for big bro is such a cute addtion too.

Dee

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here