Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
About Scraps Again

Posted by geezerfolks (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 16, 11 at 0:38

Remember talking about doing 2-tone scrappy? I had thought about it, too. Lo and behold, Le Ann has her 2011 BOM ready to go June 1st, and, guess what?! lol

SharonG/FL

Here is a link that might be useful: 2011 BOM

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: About Scraps Again

Sharon, that's very nice!

This is a Bonnie Hunter two tone scrappy called My Blue Heaven. I love this quilt, but don't have nearly enough scraps in any one color to do it. I've thought about blending colors across the quilt: starting with blues in one corner, then merging into greens, then another color, then another. All with the scrappy beige as the 2nd color. I think that's beyond my planning skills though!

Kate

My Blue Heaven by Bonnie Hunter

o

These are my dh's favorite colors, so I will have to consider this one (like I needed another BOM project!). I will have to work on my scraps, though. I think I'm definitely lacking.

Robbi

o

Sharon,I've never done a BOM but would like to try one. Thanks for the link.

The Bonnie Hunter one is one awesome quilt. Right now, I can't see myself making it .....the thought alone overwhelms me, although my DH would also love it.

~Geraldine

o

That is a lovely BOM quilt! I love to make the light backgrounds scrappy in my scrap quilts if it suits the quilt. Thanks for sharing this one! I've bookmarked it for the future.
Teresa

o

Kate, I love your idea for My Blue Heaven! I think it would be great!

Our guild's BOM this year is called Black & White Delight. You could always keep a constant third color if you like 3-color quilts.

Donna

Here is a link that might be useful: B&W Delight

o

Kate, There's a ton of QST in that quilt, eh? I would have no desire to change colors in something like this. Too much planning for me. But, if anyone can do it, it's you!! You go girl!!!

Robbi, My DH likes blue, too. Are you lacking blues and creams in your scraps? Sometimes it helps to go for a bundle of fat quarters to help in that area. We can truly help you build up scraps!

Geraldine, You don't have to be afraid of doing Le Ann's BOM's as she has someone other than herself make a block using the directions before she posts them.

Teresa, This is the site where I got the BOM A Quilter's Coat of Many Colors from. Sewing the last seam of the binding on that one now.

Hope some of you join me in this one. @:)

SharonG/FL

o

I'm still working on my BOM hand applique from last year so I can't start another one, but maybe this will inspire me to start on that one again. It's been idle way too long.

Sharon, are you going to do all the border stars too? So that will really be like 3 blocks each month: one of the center ones and a couple of the border stars? It's a huge project but it's a beautiful quilt!

o

Sharon, thanks for the link to the BOM. It will be perfect for my small quilt group. Some of us want to do a BOM together. I will show it to them tomorrow night. I already sent it to our newest member and she said she loves it.
Linda OH

o

Kate, It looks like the border stars are 9" finished so I might make some up along the way. I'd like to not duplicate a star pattern, but we'll see how far that gets me. lol

Linda, That's great about your little quilt group. Sounds like fun. I'll be up north when it starts, so I'll have to play catch up when I get back. @:(

SharonG/FL

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here