Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lindaoh_gw

Are you quilting this weekend? Feb.14-16

lindaoh_gw
10 years ago

The weekend is almost here again. I don't have any plans except to cut out blocks for the Relay for Life quilt to be made by my small quilt group.
This week I worked on pillow tops for our family room and the Quilty Fun sew along. I updated my blog with pictures of the blocks.
We are finally getting a break in the weather with warmer temps forecast for next week. I hope some of this snow melts. We have had about 67 inches of snow this winter compared to 7 inches last year. I'm ready for spring!
Linda OH

Here is a link that might be useful: Quilty Fun Sew Along

Comments (10)

• msmeow
    10 years ago

I have a long weekend! Tomorrow I'm going to see my mom, There's a quilt show in her town so I'm hoping to talk her into going. I plan to sew most of Sun. & Mon. I want to get the Celtic Solstice top finished and get started on a baby quilt for DH's coworker. Which probably means I'll need a trip to JoAnn's, too. :)

Donna

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    10 years ago

Donna, Have you ever been to the quilt show there? I see there's one in Brooksville next week-end. I was thinking about going to that one, but probably won't. I hate this age thing and what comes with it!

DH wants to see The Monuments Men tonight with DD and her family....I hope to beg off, stay home and sew. Maybe get the lotto blocks done and work on the two quilts Saturday and Sunday. Will see how things go........

SharonG/FL

• msmeow
    10 years ago

Sharon, the show is in Lakeland. I went 2 years ago (it's biennial). It was small, but nice. They had lovely quilts and some nice vendors.

Next Friday I'm planning to go to the show in Amelia Island.

Donna

• loisflan
    10 years ago

I was playing with the twenty-three January lotto blocks that Valarie sent me last night. I need to make only one more to have a great 4x6 block quilt. Since there is a little red in a couple of the blocks, I may take Kate's suggestion to have a narrow red inner border. The blocks are quite lively, so I may choose a solid black for outer border. I'll post a photo of all the blocks when I get the last one made.

Other than that, I will try to finish the Chinese Coin quilts. I have only about 2 hours work left on them. Then I should start the applique on the Peekaboo Monkeys quilt.

I have a cold, so quilting all weekend sounds like a perfect thing to do. Happy Valentine's Day.

• quiltingfox
    10 years ago

I am tracing and cutting fabric pieces for more Granny Square blocks this weekend. Glad all the ice has melted, ... I am looking forward to next week, ... temps for Wednesday and Thursday are 78*F, ... come on spring!

Best to you,
    Sandra

• nannykins
    10 years ago

I will be working on the backing for DGS's quilt and if that goes quickly, I could start joining the Falling Charms blocks. I hope, I hope, I hope.
    Theresa

• jennifer_in_va
    10 years ago

I have been quilting all week. I decided to start a quilt kit that's been to retreat 3 times already. I've got all the blocks done, and now have to work on the border which includes 4 more blocks. Another 1 1/2hrs and it should be a completed top.

I've also been (slowly) needle turning a center to the bella bella. Since I don't have a good place to sit with great lighting, it's going slowly.

I hope to be able to cut & sew strip sets for a new project this weekend...

• loisflan
    10 years ago

I finished the second Marimekko Chinese Coin quilt top. Man, was I ever glad to see the end of that project. All those little scraps cut into coins. All those seams ironed open. But it was worth it; I love them.

I'm meeting my LAQ at a "gently-used" furniture shop tomorrow to hand them over to her. Should be fun. Maybe I'll find a bargain.

• quiltingfox
    10 years ago

I got a lot done this weekend, ... finished cutting fabric for the last 31 blocks for my Granny Square quilt. Yay!

Best to you,
    Sandra

• calliope
    10 years ago

I'm trying to get my big toe back into the quilting water. Being homebound six days out of seven from the snows, you'd think I could go quilting crazy, but I'm too blah with the cabin fever to have much patience quilting. Seems like despite the time I SHOULD have, it keeps getting cut short every time I go up to the sewing room. Stop and feed the chickens, stop and cook a meal, stop and etc. etc. etc. Pretty soon you just say to heck with it and unplug the iron. I'm trying to make one twelve inch block a day, and usually when I'm seriously quilting, I can bang our four or five, but this pattern has half the blocks consisting of 2.5" HSTs and after several quilts last year with those tiny components, I'm getting sort of sick of them. LOL. This was a twenty block New Year's Day mystery quilt, and it needs to be a thirty blocker minimum to be useful to me. I'll get there.