Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
The Moose Quilt

Posted by nanajayne (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 5, 13 at 23:01

This is the Moose quilt I just finished for my next GGson. Mom requested a Moose quilt for the baby due in Apr. Not my idea of a baby quilt but will work for when he grows up I think.
Moose quilt photo 100_2114.jpg
back of moose quilt photo 100_2117.jpg
I guess I need to change the date on my camera.lol

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: The Moose Quilt

Ohhhhh, he is wonderful! I am sure he will be loved!

o

That is so cute. I'm sure he'll love it for a long time.

o

I love it!

o

I love it!

o

Aww, he's so cute! Love your leaf quilting - great job!

Donna

o

Oh that is so cute.
And I love the fabrics and your layout.
Could you post the name of the leaf fabric and where you purchased it?
TFS.

~Geraldine

o

The quilt is wonderful. You did a beautiful job. I love the leaves in the border.

o

When I saw the title Moose Quilt, I never dreamed it would be this cute. You did a lovely job. Love the little evergreen applique in the border. I predict this will become a favourite with your grandson when he is a toddler, if not before.

o

Great job on the moose, Jayne. He's adorable!

SharonG/FL

o

That is darling! I love that pattern.
Karlene

o

Love it!! And definitely one that won't get put away in a closet with he outgrows the baby stuff.

Robbi

o

How cute is that...well done!
V.

o

Thank you. This was a challange. The center was an adaption of a wall hanging called the "Moose is Loose" but had to design the rest. Used disappearing 9 patch for the ends. The quilting was all fh except the curved vine. I was surprised how much I enjoyed doing the leaves and how fast I was able to do them.
Did some experimenting with cording between the center and patches and tried fusing the binding down in spots before hand stitching making it faster.
The fabric was mostly from my stash left over from my sisters quilt. The leaf fabric was from Moda but not sure of the name. I got it over a year ago. The green was from the same collection and I was able to buy enough to use in the border which surprised me.
I havn't given it away yet and can only hope it will work.

o

Jayne, thank you for the information. I really like the leaf fabric.
I am off to check the Moda website.

~Geraldine

o

That is too cute. I think it is adorable and makes a great baby quilt.I made a "frog" baby quilt in bright orange, purple and greens at the mother's request. I was worried about it, but it turned out great.

o

He's perfect! I think you're right that it's a long term use quilt, not just baby. Your quilting is wonderful. It makes the whole thing come together. Bravo!
LindaB/CA

o

It is gorgeous!! Really cute idea. Most of my clan wants the baby quilt with the date, pounds, etc. and they really do outgrow them so fast.

This will be loved for a good many years.
Rosa

o

I agree with all the nice comments. It is a wonderful quilt and he will enjoy it for many years. I love your quilting too!
Linda OH

o

That is sooooooo cute!

o

That's a beautiful quilt! TFS!

Best to you,
Sandra

o

Love your moose. The fabrics you used give the quilt a sophisticated look...very classy. Thanks for sharing it with us!

o

It's adorable. He will love it.

o

very nicely done really like the quilt

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here