Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nanajayne

The Moose Quilt

nanajayne
11 years ago

This is the Moose quilt I just finished for my next GGson. Mom requested a Moose quilt for the baby due in Apr. Not my idea of a baby quilt but will work for when he grows up I think.

I guess I need to change the date on my camera.lol

Comments (23)

• tuppermom
    11 years ago

Ohhhhh, he is wonderful! I am sure he will be loved!

• toolgranny
    11 years ago

That is so cute. I'm sure he'll love it for a long time.

• donna_loomis
    11 years ago

I love it!

• donna_loomis
    11 years ago

I love it!

• msmeow
    11 years ago

Aww, he's so cute! Love your leaf quilting - great job!

Donna

• day2day
    11 years ago

Oh that is so cute.
    And I love the fabrics and your layout.
    Could you post the name of the leaf fabric and where you purchased it?
    TFS.

~Geraldine

• bev2009
    11 years ago

The quilt is wonderful. You did a beautiful job. I love the leaves in the border.

• maritime_linda
    11 years ago

When I saw the title Moose Quilt, I never dreamed it would be this cute. You did a lovely job. Love the little evergreen applique in the border. I predict this will become a favourite with your grandson when he is a toddler, if not before.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    11 years ago

Great job on the moose, Jayne. He's adorable!

SharonG/FL

• karpet
    11 years ago

That is darling! I love that pattern.
    Karlene

• Robbi D.
    11 years ago

Love it!! And definitely one that won't get put away in a closet with he outgrows the baby stuff.

Robbi

• littlehelen_gw
    11 years ago

How cute is that...well done!
    V.

• nanajayne
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you. This was a challange. The center was an adaption of a wall hanging called the "Moose is Loose" but had to design the rest. Used disappearing 9 patch for the ends. The quilting was all fh except the curved vine. I was surprised how much I enjoyed doing the leaves and how fast I was able to do them.
    Did some experimenting with cording between the center and patches and tried fusing the binding down in spots before hand stitching making it faster.
    The fabric was mostly from my stash left over from my sisters quilt. The leaf fabric was from Moda but not sure of the name. I got it over a year ago. The green was from the same collection and I was able to buy enough to use in the border which surprised me.
    I havn't given it away yet and can only hope it will work.

• day2day
    11 years ago

Jayne, thank you for the information. I really like the leaf fabric.
    I am off to check the Moda website.

~Geraldine

• Vanislegirl88
    11 years ago

That is too cute. I think it is adorable and makes a great baby quilt.I made a "frog" baby quilt in bright orange, purple and greens at the mother's request. I was worried about it, but it turned out great.

• quiltnhen
    11 years ago

He's perfect! I think you're right that it's a long term use quilt, not just baby. Your quilting is wonderful. It makes the whole thing come together. Bravo!
    LindaB/CA

• rosajoe_gw
    11 years ago

It is gorgeous!! Really cute idea. Most of my clan wants the baby quilt with the date, pounds, etc. and they really do outgrow them so fast.

This will be loved for a good many years.
    Rosa

• lindaoh_gw
    11 years ago

I agree with all the nice comments. It is a wonderful quilt and he will enjoy it for many years. I love your quilting too!
    Linda OH

• chrizty
    11 years ago

That is sooooooo cute!

• quiltingfox
    11 years ago

That's a beautiful quilt! TFS!

Best to you,
    Sandra

• lots2do
    11 years ago

Love your moose. The fabrics you used give the quilt a sophisticated look...very classy. Thanks for sharing it with us!

• fran1523
    11 years ago

It's adorable. He will love it.

• patti60
    11 years ago

very nicely done really like the quilt