Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
fusible interfacing

Posted by maet (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 18, 13 at 22:07

I am making a quilt for my granddaughter out of her baby pajamas and using fusible interfacing to help with the stretch in it. I had done about 30 squares earlier this year and just got back to it.
I have forgotten how I applied the fusible interfacing and was wondering if you ladies could tell me how its suppose to be done. Do you use steam or a damp press cloth when ironing it on.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: fusible interfacing

I usually do it with a dry iron just like Steam A Seam.

o

If it's a fusible interfacing, then I use a damp cloth and/or steam.

o

If you can remember the brand, check their website as the instructions vary from type and mfr.
I hate it when I forget how I did something when I get back to working on the project!
Cute idea for a kid's quilt.

o

i have no idea what the brand is. The sales slip that I had when I purchased it is gone. I bought it at Fabricland in Ontario when I was there visiting family and there wasn't any instructions with it.

o

I found this blog entry regarding fusible interfacing.

I have always used a dry iron at as high a heat as the fabric can take but in the blog she uses steam and a damp press cloth.

http://www.pinkchalkstudio.com/blog/2008/10/27/fusible-interfacing/

o

Thanks Ladies. I tried using steam from my iron and then ironed it on. I washed one piece and dried it in the dryer and it was fine.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here