Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Do very little quilting

Posted by kathi_mdgd (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 21, 14 at 21:25

these days.So I'm going to downsize my stash,especially books and magazines.
I have all of 2002 quiltmaker mags,all in new condition.Also have J/A of 2000,N/D 2000

J/F,M/A,S/O of 2001

J/F,* M/A of 2003

M/A,M/J, J/A S/O of 1996

If anyone is interested in these for Postage ONLY,and The USA only,send me an email.I do want to keep the sets together though.
TIA
Kathi

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Do very little quilting

Looks like no interest here,so will post it on another board.I hate to just trash them.
Kathi

o

Or, do you know any local Quilt Guilds who might like them? I know what you mean about being a shame to toss them.

Eventually, I'll have to do the same w/ years of Quilters Newsletter Magazine (from which I taught myself to Quilt in the 80s). Can't bear the thought of discarding them.

o

Funny. I was just setting mine aside to donate. Many Quiltmaker mags stayed in the bookcase though. I love to go through old books and magazines for inspiration in both pattern and color.
Linda/BCA

o

We have a Friends of the Library Bookstore, where volunteers sell used books and discarded library books quite cheaply. They would not appreciate someone donating loose magazines for their sales, but bundled subscriptions for subjects of interest are quite welcome. I know I donated sequential issues of a horticulture magazine to them, and they were snapped up immediately by the public. I could see quilting mags also being quite popular.

o

Thanks ladies.I have in the past donated hardback quilting,craftnd sewing maazines to the library.What I gave them were much newer and up to date books than they had on their shelves.Most of heir books in the sewing/quilting/craft world were antiquated at best.

Don't know if they'll take magazines,will have to call and ask.Most all of mine are in "as new condition,from a pet and smoke free home"..

I hate to waste anything! Just had another thought,offer them up oncraigs list for free p.u.
Kathi

o

Kathi -
You can also sell them on Etsy ...

o

Kathi, I don't know if your offer is still available, but I am interested in the magazines for postage. Please email me if I'm not too late.

Barbara in Virginia
(plays in dirt_dirt_ on GW

o

Kathi, I don't know if your offer is still available, but I am interested in the magazines for postage. Please email me if I'm not too late.

Barbara in Virginia
(plays in dirt_dirt_ on GW

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here