Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
k8orlando2

LOTTO 2014 - February

K8Orlando
10 years ago

Welcome to the FEBRUARY Quilt Forum Lotto!

The lotto is open to all and new quilters are encouraged to participate. You will learn much and have fun doing it. Participate in as many or as few lottos as you want, but even if you don't like the current month's block think about doing at least one. It's good practice and the winner will appreciate your efforts! Typically, the winner receives enough blocks to complete a nice size quilt. It could be YOU!

Our inspiration for this month is EARTH, our beautiful planet. When seen from space the predominant colors are blue, green and off white (clouds, deserts, polar caps) so those are the colors we'll use. You can use the picture in the next post to guide color placement, but as long as you use blues, greens or even blue-greens with an off-white or beige background, you can't go wrong!

Here are the details:
- Each month there will be a designated block or theme; you can send 1, 2 or 3 blocks.
- All blocks must measure 12.5inches x 12.5inches with no more than 1/4" variation.
- Please include name, mailing address, forum name and $1 to cover postage for the winning blocks (Any money left over at the end of the year will go towards prizes!)
- If possible, either attach your name to the back of each block or write your name in the seam allowance with a fabric pen so the winner knows who made the block. This is not a requirement, just a request.
- All blocks received by the last day of the month will be included in the lotto drawing, unless you request that your name not be entered. Some months you might want to participate, but don't really want to win the blocks. That's OK.
- You have 1, 2 or 3 chances to win, depending on how many blocks you've sent in.

Mail your block(s) to Valarie [littlehelen]. She will manage the collection of blocks and dispersal to the winner. If you need her mailing address, you may request it by sending her a message at littlehelen at comcast dot net.

The Ribbon Quilt Block pattern at Quilters Cache

Each month, littlehelen or I will post pictures of completed blocks so you can see the pattern and colors. It's our plan to decide on the year's blocks soon, get samples made, and post them all for those who like to work ahead.

Thank you for your support and for your participation!

Kate

Comments (25)

• K8Orlando
    Original Author
    10 years ago

BLOCKS:

What the completed quilt pattern will look like:

Our inspiration image:

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    10 years ago

I like it, Kate!!! And, using different fabric in the block??? Love how that comes together!

SharonG/FL

• Kristene Smith
    10 years ago

I've made 2 blocks for the Feb lotto and will post them this week. That way they are sure to be there in time.
    Kristene

• K8Orlando
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Kristene, those are beautiful fabrics! You and Val both used such pretty prints I'm going to have to delve deep into my stash to find something worthy!

• loisflan
    10 years ago

Valarie and Kristene, your blocks are wonderful. This is going to be a scrumptious quilt!

• loisflan
    10 years ago

I love these February blocks. They are so graceful. Here's mine.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    10 years ago

One made with another in the works. :-)

SharonG/FL

• K8Orlando
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Lois, I agree - they are graceful!

• nannykins
    10 years ago

And three more
    Theresa

• beth7happy
    10 years ago

Three done! ....now to mail!! (hopefully minus snowstorms, hail, sleet.......you know: Stuff!)

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    10 years ago

My two are ready to mail. Hope to get them out tomorrow. I stuck one for next month in with them, too.

SharonG/FL

• littlehelen_gw
    10 years ago

Wow ...these blocks are very pretty..graceful is the right description!
    V.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    10 years ago

Valarie, I don't know if you're home yet, but I'm shame facedly admitting I forgot to put in the $1 with the blocks...will send extra next time. Hopefully the package made it to your abode even if you aren't there. :-) Package sent to California at the same time was received less than 48 hours later with the Priority to Indiana received today! Go figure!!!!

SharonG/FL

• littlehelen_gw
    10 years ago

Sharon... The lotto group is fine on the postage...it all seems to balance out as was noted by another member of this lotto a year ago!
    I have all the mail being held by the USPS this week..it will be delivered on Saturday, March 1st. Barring snow, sleet, hail, and ice storms, I anticipate doing the drawing this Saturday or Sunday!
    V.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    10 years ago

"Barring snow, sleet, hail, and ice storms..." And maybe a wayward hurricane? LOL....not likely, but temps dropping to the 30's Thursday night. At least it's sunny and warm today. :-)

SharonG/FL

• beth7happy
    10 years ago

Mailed 3 blocks on Monday. Ha! You might see them sometime before Easter!!! (but..they ARE in the mail!). My gosh..where did February go????? Guess the snow storms and ice raised havoc last time, maybe?? These are so beautiful, but please, omit my name from the drawing...just toooo much going on right now. Thanks for all you do, Val and Kate!

• polardream
    10 years ago

Love this color combination! Kate, you have done an awesome job picking blocks this year.

I got three finished tonight and will mail them tomorrow.
    Sue

• littlehelen_gw
    10 years ago

It's that time again...someone pick a number between 1 and 16...

There are 18 blocks in total, of which 16 are pictured, two are due to me this week....

ok....let's draw that winner...

• jackier123
    10 years ago

I pick number 9

• littlehelen_gw
    10 years ago

Thanks Jackie...,your lucky number was randomly generated to Nannykins, aka Theresa...Congratulations!!!!

Your cup of blocks will be in the mail later this week...enjoy!

• beth7happy
    10 years ago

oo congrats, Nannykins!! What a pretty lot. Hope you enjoy!

• nannykins
    10 years ago

Oh boy! Lucky, lucky!
    They really are pretty.
    Thank you all
    Theresa

• loisflan
    10 years ago

Congrats, Theresa. I hope you enjoy working with them as much as I did with last month's group.

• quiltnhen
    10 years ago

Congrats! They're really pretty.
    LindaB/CA

• polardream
    10 years ago

congrats!
    Sue

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida