Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sochi Patchwork!

Posted by k8orlando (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 5, 14 at 21:14

Did you notice the Sochi Olympics banners and the workers' uniforms have a patchwork pattern? Sounds like Russia is stuggling to make The Games work, but the quilty design is great!

photo photo_zpsdc01e5df.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sochi Patchwork!

I wonder why my brain just can't seem to wrap itself around the concept of the union of patchwork quilts and anything Russian??

o

This is an interesting read on their design...

Here is a link that might be useful: Explanation of Olympic banner design

o

Thanks, Jen - that was interesting! The banners are pretty...they remind me of Jan Krentz's diamond quilts.

Donna

o

I really enjoyed reading about the patchwork design. Thanks for posting that, Jen.
Jeanne

o

I like the quilt design of the banners. I heard the water was unsafe to drink and if you use an electronic device you get hacked (what they had on the news last night) all while at the Olympics in Russia and that you cannot flush toilet paper in the toilets there either (they had that on news talk radio) - sounds like for people who did attend it's a very unpleasant trip.

Best to you,
Sandra

o

K8 and Jen...thanks for sharing the info on the design...very interesting symbolism. Considering the size of Russia and it's many ethnicities, the patchwork design seems to fit... Love the colors!
V, .

o

I love their patchwork design, very colorful and fun and bright. It looks great with the athletes' that are wearing solid color jackets, but it looks horrible with our snowboard athletes' faded patchwork jackets.

o

Thanks for posting the link. It was interesting.

I like that our Garden Web quilting forum have the Sochi 2014 background.

~Geraldine

o

Thanks for posting the link. It was interesting.

I like that Garden Web forums have the Sochi 2014 background.

~Geraldine

o

Sorry...double post.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here