Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hulseybg

Can anyone help me?

abbigail
12 years ago

Several years ago I was with a forum that was doing some great swaps. I started one mystery BOM where you had your own fabrics but someone designed the quilt. Once a moth or so she would post the new block. I had some bad times come up and had to drop my quilting for awhile. I have about 1/3 to 1/5 of the blocks done and would love to finish it. Does anyone on here have the finished set of blocks and the placement of them? i hope someone can help me. Thanks!

Comments (10)

• jennifer_in_va
    12 years ago

There are so many mystery quilts offered over the internet that it would be almost impossible to help you based on the information you've provided. Sorry.

If you had the website name, the name of the quilt, could post a picture of the blocks already done, even maybe the year/timeframe you were working on it, anything more like that, then maybe the expansive knowledge here might turn something up.

It's tough to get into a project, have to set it aside, and return to it years later. Hopefully you would have more information that might help us help you out.

jennifer

• abbigail
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I can probably figure something out and finish it but I thought maybe someone on here might remember it. It was about 5 year ago!!! LOL. Thank you for the help. i hope to be back on here and enjoying the swaps when I get back to "normal" whatever that was! LOL!

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    12 years ago

Was it on this forum? If so, do you remember the name of the person designing the blocks? we've had a few people leave, but some of us might remember if we had a few more clues.

SharonG/FL

• abbigail
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I'm pretty sure it was on here or the quilt in a day forum. I can't remember who was the hostess even. It's about the time that DJ slip shuked the site. I think who ever it was had used their EQ or whatever that is that helps you design quilts. See! I told you I have been out of quilting for about 4 1/ to 5 years!

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    12 years ago

There was one on QIAD around that time......think it was called Walk in the Woods....????

SharonG/FL

• abbigail
    Original Author
    12 years ago

No, I don't this one even had a name. Thanks for trying to help me ladies. I'll check back in later to see if there are anymore replies. Thanks!

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

Was it the one set up here by Red? One month was a block to represent your childhood, another with your name, etc? I didn't participate but the instructions should be in the archives.

Kate

• Robbi D.
    12 years ago

Can you post a picture of the blocks you have? That might help trigger a memory, too.

I'm pretty sure I wasn't even quilting 5 years ago, so I won't be much help. I hope someone here can!

Robbi

• abbigail
    Original Author
    12 years ago

No, I can't post a picture, My house was broken in to before Christmas and they took my camera! Dead beats! Oh no, I'm not angry!! LOL!

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

If not a picture, how about a description? Pieced blocks? Applique? Themes?