Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Shop Hop surprise

Posted by msmeow (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 5, 12 at 16:59

We had a shop hop in our area this weekend (W-Sat). I sneaked out of work early Friday and hit the three east-side shops; yesterday I hit the three west-side shops. I only bought one bag pattern and 2 FQs (both at the first shop). I turned in my passport at the last shop and headed home for lunch yesterday.

Boy, was I surprised to get a phone call around 4 pm yesterday telling me - I WON A SEWING MACHINE! LOL I can' believe it. I'll probably go pick it up on Tuesday since the shop is closed Sun & Mon.

Hubby's just rolling his eyes, wondering what I'm going to do with a fourth machine! :)

Donna

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Shop Hop surprise

Congratulations! That's wonderful news.

o

Congratulations Donna! What a wonderful surprise. Tell us about the machine. Do you know the make and model?
Linda OH

o

So Cool! Couldn't happen to a nicer Quilter!

Yeah for Donna!

Gwen

o

You go girl! What a great surprise.

o

I know it's a Juki but not the model. I'll let y'all know when I get it! :)

Donna

o

Lucky girl! Enjoy!
Theresa

o

OMG!!! You tell your Hubby - you are going to love that machine like all the others!
Congratulations! I can't wait to see a picture of it. It will be a long wait until Tuesday!

o

Amazing! Wonderful!!! Congrats!

Kate

o

Donna! That is so great! What fun! What kind of machine?
Karlene

o

Congratulations!!My GD just bought a Juki on my rec.. She says she loves it.
Enjoy the blessing.

o

Awesome!

o

Woot! Just tell DH that a quilter can't really ever have too many machines! You need one for piecing, one for quilting, one to have when another one has to go into the shop, one for taking to classes and retreats, one to lend to a friend, etc., etc.

Teresa

o

and one just to sit in the closet...just because you can't use them all at the same time lol!!!!

congrats!!!

for some reason I don't win things, my dad plays the lotto and is always winning, after spending $20 I quit because for one thing I am not really a gamble, but I just don't win!!!

o

Donna, ConGratz on the new machine!!! woot woot

SharonG/FL

o

What a GREAT surprise! That really paid off to duck outa work early, eh?!!
Congrats!

o

Did you get it yet?!? We're dying to know what it is!!!

(It was fun to see you last night at the guild meeting!)

Kate

o

I agree with Kate ~~~we are trying to be patient~~~what kind of sewing machine did you get????

How did your Show & tells go last night ladies????Pictures?

o

Gwen took a picture and will be posting it. Please focus on the quilt and not the elderly, round woman who was pointing to it. I'm not sure who she is but she lives in my mirror too!!! She must have pushed me out of the way at the last minute and grabbed the microphone!

I felt terrible after I sat down last night because I forgot to mention that one of the other guild members is the longarmer who quilted it for me! Shame on me.

Kate

o

Good for you! I love it when someone wins! We had a shop hop last week and I was not a winner. My quilting buddy won a door prize. Woo Hoo! Congrats!
Darlene

o

You guys are too funny! I picked it up this morning. It's an adorable little Juki. I already have a small machine I use for classes, so I'll probably decide which of the small machines I like best and donate the other one.

When you click on the URL, click the tab that says Juki HZL-27. For some reason I can't get the right link.

(Hate to say it, but hubby's right, I really don't need FOUR sewing machines! LOL)

Donna

Here is a link that might be useful: Juki machine

o

Cute machine. Let us know how it works. It certainly looks like it would fit easily in a carry-on for someone say, flying somewhere, sometime, maybe to a retreat or something...

;)
Faye

o

Very cute machine - it is going to be hard to decide which one to keep. You lucky girl!

What is the other small machine you use for classes? I hate packing up my big Pfaff to take to workshops.

o

Congratulations! Winning is so much fun. Your Juki sure is cute.

o

Marsha, the machine I got last year for classes is a small Brother (can't remember the model #). My "fancy" machine is a Brother sewing/embroidery one, so when I found this smaller machine on Overstock I bought it! LOL It seems like it was less than $150, and it's very similar to Big Brother so I was comfortable with it right off. It came with 5 or 6 feet and it does something like 70 different stitches.

I'll be honest with you guys - I set up this Juki machine last night and played a little bit. I found it online for $200 - $250. If I'd paid $200 for it, I would take it back! It's noisy, the knobs are hard to turn, and it just doesn't seem like very good quality for that asking price. It only came with a regular foot and a buttonhole foot, and it only does 22 stitches. It sews fine, and the light is good, and it has a needle threader, which are all good things, but I think you can get a much better quality machine for less money from a different brand.

Anyway, my DH has a coworker who has an ancient machine and I think we'll probably give the Juki to her.

Donna

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here