Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
OT E-mail compromised

Posted by tuppermom (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 27, 13 at 16:53

I want to say sorry to any of you that received e-mails from me
with the subeject "Mary Van Dijk"

My e-mail was hacked and messages were sent to everyone in my address book. The message is simply a link...DO NOT OPEN IT....

I have scanned my computer and have no viruses and changed my passwords so hopefully this will not happen again.

Maryv

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: OT E-mail compromised

It would be so nice if these jerks put all this effort into honest work instead of hacking people's e-mails. I haven't gotten one, but thanks for the heads up.

beverly

o

I checked my history of locations where my e-mail had been signed in. Someone signed in from California....I have never been there. I have deleted it as an approved location and will be checking my history and settings more often.

o

tuppermom,
Curious, how do you check that. I'm in California, but obviously not using your email!
LindaB/CA

o

How disturbing! I've been lucky, considering how many sites I visit and how many email connections I have, but I know so many people who have had this problem including my DH. Thanks for letting us know so we can watch for it!

Kate

o

I know people with e-mail other than Yahoo who have had problems but this bout seems to be mostly Yahoo. I know that the Yahoo groups I am a member of have been having issues with all of the spam for a few weeks.

LindaB: I have yahoo e-mail so I go to Mail->account information->account settings->view/update saved locations.
I then removed the ones that were not approved by me.

Maryv

o

Just happened to me, and the only other group I follow is facebook. I hate web based email and that's what the new computers force you into. Thankfully I know the routine and nipped it in the bud, but lots of users aren't as geeky and it's a giant pain in the butt.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here