Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vicky4x4

Pink and Green

vicky4x4
14 years ago

I was asked to made a quilt for a Cancer Benefit for a man we know. All us girls got together today and made this. We have it all sandwiched and ready for me to machine quilt. 6 1/2 hours from material to whole quilt............now that's a Quilt in A Day!!!!!

Vicky

shannonmomof4, Tia, Emily and vicky4x4

Comments (16)

• gerizone5
    14 years ago

It is gorgeous -- great job and I love the color combo.

• sunnycentralfl
    14 years ago

Pretty...I love the colors...wonderful thing you ladies did for your friend!

TFS,
    Gwen

• nanajayne
    14 years ago

Great team work!! Nice job and pretty colors that work well with your pattern. I hope it brings in a ton of money for your project. TFS Jayne

• User
    14 years ago

What a lovely effort you ladies have made. Bright, cheerful, pretty shapes & colors, I'm thinking ANYONE would be delighted to have this. Also a lovely harbinger of Spring (or is that just 'cause I've been snowed in?).

Congratulations on a wonderfully executed & generous gift!

• magothyrivergirl
    14 years ago

This is gorgeous - and a what an accomplishment as a group!
    Is it for an auction to benefit your friend? if so, I'm sure it will bring in alot of money.

• buteau3rd
    14 years ago

I absolutely love the bigness of this quilt. Not what I'm used to seeing. (I haven't done that many quilts)You can usually see the squares pretty easily, but not on this one.

After staring for a while, I can see the half squares, and full squares??.. I would love to have this pattern. Would you share? Does it have a name?...
    You girls are to be praised.....for your work and for your generousity and caring.

• cannahavana
    14 years ago

buteau, a link to the block is below.

Great job girls for a great cause! Nice color combo.

Rebecca

Here is a link that might be useful: Carpenter's Wheel

• solstice98
    14 years ago

Beautiful job, great project and teamwork! It must have been a joy to work on! I'm sure you are very proud of your team!

Kate

• buteau3rd
    14 years ago

Cannahavana..Thanks for the link, but it(instructions) is for the 16" squares. How do I convert it to the design that is featured in this thread? Maybe there is a book with instructions. Now that I know the name,it'll be easier.
    Marge

• deannabsd
    14 years ago

Beautiful quilt. I have a similar pattern that makes a star and each block is 14 inches and is half squares and full squares so I would guess that each block in that picture is probably 10 inches. Maybe you can grid it out and come up with a pattern.

• toolgranny
    14 years ago

That's lovely, Vicky. I'm sure your work will be well received.

Marge, you can just enlarge all the measurements to suit yourself. It looks like maybe a 48" block which is 3 times a 16". Just don't triple the seam allowances.

• deannabsd
    14 years ago

If you have a chance to wander through the site of this quilt look on page two at the finished ones. Look up heathers-isn't that amazing??

• vicky4x4
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Here's the link to this pattern and I think maybe she should give Shannon and I some kind of kick back! We have lead many quilters to her sight :-)

Vicky

Here is a link that might be useful: Carpenter Star pattern

• polardream
    14 years ago

what a great color combination - It it really lovely.
    Sue/polardream

• rosajoe_gw
    14 years ago

It is lovely Vicky!!! I can't believe it was only 6 & 1/2 hours. You ladies are fast and accurate.
    Rosa

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    14 years ago

You and the girls did a fabulous job, Vicky. I like the color combo.

SharonG/FL

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting