Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ritaweeda

My Pea Brain Won't Let Me Make Giant Blocks!

ritaweeda
10 years ago

Today I decided to piece the backing for this double four-patch. I thought I'd use the same fabric (blue denim & white muslin) as the front and just make a gigantic double four-patch for the back. Well, mistake number one - I was also keeping one eye on the Olympic Women's Hockey final - USA and Canada - while doing it. (USA lost.) I just finally finished it and realized that for the 4th time since starting it I sewed it together wrong and I have to rip out a HUGE seam now to rearrange it. AGAIN! I hope the look on my face wasn't as sour as the faces of the USA team getting their silver medals instead of gold. I was so disappointed in how badly they behaved while standing up there. I know they worked very hard and really wanted the gold but only the last two girls had the fortitude to smile when handed the medals. The bronze medal winners - the Swiss - had smiles and were very gracious about their 3rd place award but the USA girls acted like spoiled brats.

Comments (4)

• nannykins
    10 years ago

It was a heartbreaker for them, but I am glad my team won.
    Theresa

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    10 years ago

A medal is a medal. When entering any game, the players are aware there will be winners and losers (sometimes depending on who the judges like...but that should be expected, too). Learning to be a gracious example of non-gold medal winners (but it's 'silver' for goodness sake!) that represents your Country should be a given. No excuse! Ok, that's my rant on that.

Pea-brain? LOL Rita. I'm trying to visualize sewing a 4-patch together wrong more than once or twice but I'm afraid to say anything because it'll probably happen to me! LOL Sure would like to see the end result, though. LOL

SharonG/FL

• ritaweeda
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Sharon, it's a double four-patch, which takes two four patches and two plain blocks, but still no excuse, can't get much simpler. I'm so ashamed.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    10 years ago

Rita, Oh, well, that's perfectly understandable. LOL

SharonG/FL