Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jennifer_in_va

shot in the dark-looking for a fabric

jennifer_in_va
12 years ago

I don't normally do 'scrappy'. When I do, it has to be organized. So I'm working on a Fall wall hanging and I'm setting embroidered block with 16 patch blocks.

The 16 patch blocks were pulled from scraps. I chose one fabric to fit in the diagonal of each block...only now, I'm short by about 20 - 1 1/2" squares (or equivalent strip). Pretty much these blocks are all done, and now since I'm short, I'd have to undo a bunch to toss in another fabric to balance a true scrappy look.

Is there any chance you might have this fabric? It's by far not a new fabric. It's a pumpkin orange color, with small dots on top... some are gold metallic, others are dark, and one even looks like a lavender if you look closely. The dots are random, not in a line.

It's the squares that go diagonally from top left to bottom right.

Comments (17)

• toolgranny
    12 years ago

Jen, can you give me a size of those squares so I'll know the scale I'm looking for? Goodness knows I have a little of everything.

• jennifer_in_va
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Those squares pictured are 1" finished! Fun, huh?!

• toolgranny
    12 years ago

Sorry, mine are a uniform white polka dot on orange. Scale seems the same and if it helps, it's yours.

• jennifer_in_va
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Can you send it my way? I can't find any orange with dots, so it may be the best alternative.

thanks

• loisflan
    12 years ago

Jennifer, I don't have a stash, as such, but I'll check this weekend at Blue Bamboo. Good luck.

• wendyfaye
    12 years ago

Jenn, I have a gift bag full of strips from our first Camp Cheerio adventure. I won a bunch playing that game we play ;)

I'll take a look, maybe you brought a strip and I won it, who knows.

Faye

• Robbi D.
    12 years ago

I have a lot of fabric in the orange family. I'll look this afternoon and see. If so, it's yours!

Robbi

• wendyfaye
    12 years ago

Darn! Sorry, no luck here.

Faye

• magothyrivergirl
    12 years ago

Jennifer~after spending an entire day and evening with Bonnie Hunter this Monday, I am channeling her by recommending that you use a very similar shade of orange because from 6 feet away, it will look the same -- especially a 1" finished square!

• grammyp
    12 years ago

I checked and don't have it. In fact, I have very little orangeish. Gonna have to fix that.

beverly

• jennifer_in_va
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I FOUND SOME MORE FABRIC! I FOUND SOME MORE FABRIC! I FOUND SOME MORE FABRIC!!~~happy dance~~

While stitching embroidery samples, I had chance to tidy the studio. I moved some wanna-be projects to boxes. And wouldn't you know that I had some more of this fabric in a box of Fall fabric set aside for this project! I'd forgotten about the project box!!

Thanks Linda for whatever you are sending me! And thanks to all that looked through their stash on my behalf!

• bev2009
    12 years ago

Good for you. It's amazing what we find when we tidy up. LOL

• toolgranny
    12 years ago

Good for you. And, no I don't want the other one back!

• Robbi D.
    12 years ago

yeah!! I found some similar fabric, but the dots were about 1/4" and they were too big for what you needed. Glad you found some.

Robbi

• magothyrivergirl
    12 years ago

Yippee! See what happens when we get too organized :)

• petalpatsy
    12 years ago

I have similiar, too, but none of the dots are metallic. I took a picture before I saw you found more, so I'll post it anyway--you never know, you might need a bit more.

• jennifer_in_va
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks for checking for me, Patsy! I have that same fabric (in a different project box, if I recall!lol)

I'll be fine now with what I found...didn't need too much more as it were.

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz