Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
shot in the dark-looking for a fabric

Posted by jennifer_in_va (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 8, 12 at 16:21

I don't normally do 'scrappy'. When I do, it has to be organized. So I'm working on a Fall wall hanging and I'm setting embroidered block with 16 patch blocks.

The 16 patch blocks were pulled from scraps. I chose one fabric to fit in the diagonal of each block...only now, I'm short by about 20 - 1 1/2" squares (or equivalent strip). Pretty much these blocks are all done, and now since I'm short, I'd have to undo a bunch to toss in another fabric to balance a true scrappy look.

Is there any chance you might have this fabric? It's by far not a new fabric. It's a pumpkin orange color, with small dots on top... some are gold metallic, others are dark, and one even looks like a lavender if you look closely. The dots are random, not in a line.

It's the squares that go diagonally from top left to bottom right.
missing orange fabric

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: shot in the dark-looking for a fabric

Jen, can you give me a size of those squares so I'll know the scale I'm looking for? Goodness knows I have a little of everything.

o

Those squares pictured are 1" finished! Fun, huh?!

o

Sorry, mine are a uniform white polka dot on orange. Scale seems the same and if it helps, it's yours.

o

Can you send it my way? I can't find any orange with dots, so it may be the best alternative.

thanks

o

Jennifer, I don't have a stash, as such, but I'll check this weekend at Blue Bamboo. Good luck.

o

Jenn, I have a gift bag full of strips from our first Camp Cheerio adventure. I won a bunch playing that game we play ;)

I'll take a look, maybe you brought a strip and I won it, who knows.

Faye

o

I have a lot of fabric in the orange family. I'll look this afternoon and see. If so, it's yours!

Robbi

o

Darn! Sorry, no luck here.

Faye

o

Jennifer~after spending an entire day and evening with Bonnie Hunter this Monday, I am channeling her by recommending that you use a very similar shade of orange because from 6 feet away, it will look the same -- especially a 1" finished square!

o

I checked and don't have it. In fact, I have very little orangeish. Gonna have to fix that.

beverly

o

I FOUND SOME MORE FABRIC! I FOUND SOME MORE FABRIC! I FOUND SOME MORE FABRIC!!~~happy dance~~

While stitching embroidery samples, I had chance to tidy the studio. I moved some wanna-be projects to boxes. And wouldn't you know that I had some more of this fabric in a box of Fall fabric set aside for this project! I'd forgotten about the project box!!

Thanks Linda for whatever you are sending me! And thanks to all that looked through their stash on my behalf!

o

Good for you. It's amazing what we find when we tidy up. LOL

o

Good for you. And, no I don't want the other one back!

o

yeah!! I found some similar fabric, but the dots were about 1/4" and they were too big for what you needed. Glad you found some.

Robbi

o

Yippee! See what happens when we get too organized :)

o

I have similiar, too, but none of the dots are metallic. I took a picture before I saw you found more, so I'll post it anyway--you never know, you might need a bit more.
Photobucket

o

Thanks for checking for me, Patsy! I have that same fabric (in a different project box, if I recall!lol)

I'll be fine now with what I found...didn't need too much more as it were.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here