Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Birthday Blocks from 2006

Posted by lindaoh (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 20, 12 at 16:12

I know, that is a long time to wait. I had them in a pizza box and forgot about them. I came across them last week and decided to put them together using the BQ2 pattern. I really like using this pattern for the setting because it increases the size of the blocks to 18 inches and makes 12 blocks into a nice size quilt.
I had the names pinned to each blocks so I know who made them. Some of the people are still here on the forum. See if you can find your blocks.

Linda OH

Here is a link that might be useful: Pics of quilt top

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Birthday Blocks from 2006

That's nice, Linda! BQ makes a great layout for a sampler.

Donna

o

Linda, it looks great.
I like the BQ2 pattern too. I am in the process of quilting a BQ2 top.
TFS.

~Geraldine

o

Newbie here to the quilting lingo. What is BQ2 please.

Joan

o

Me too! Don't know what BQ2 is either?? However, I love your quilt Linda - and your web blog as well. I have enjoyed a few visits to your wonderful site. Thank you for all your work.

Best Wishes - Corinne

o

Thanks everyone.
BQ2 is the name of the quilt pattern. I assumed it meant Big Quilt.The pattern company has a pattern called BQ that is similar to the BQ2.
The back of the pattern says, "Move the center squares off center and cross the frames for more big quilt fun."
Linda OH

o

Nice pattern for these types of blocks. I need to check this out.

o

Very clever pattern! Its cool to see blocks used, no matter how old they are!

o

Nice use of blocks that are different as most samplers are.
It makes for a very interesting way of pulling them togeather. Will have to remember this one. Nice job. TFS

o

I have been looking at the BQ2 patterns - I really like what you did with your blocks - gave them a very modern twist!
Very nice!

o

Love it! So creative, great job.

beverly

o

Here are some Goggle images of BQ and BQ2 quilts.
Hope this works...first time posting a clickable link directly into a message.

BQ Quilts

BQ2 Quilts

~Geraldine

o

Your links work just fine. Thanks for posting them! This is a very interesting pattern and a great way to show off sampler blocks or a pretty fabric.

o

Thank you for sharing this. As a newbie, I've collected an assortment of diverse blocks and didn't know what to do with them. With the separation between the block, it allows each block to be appreciated for its unique pattern. I really like what you did.

o

I love that layout, Linda. Thanks for sharing.
Vasu

o

Very lovely layout, Linda. I am always attracted to quilts having asymmetry and variation in patterns.

Julie

o

I really like your quilt, Linda! What a unique layout for a sampler. Another for "the list". Such enablers we all are!

Dee

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here