Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
loisflan

Simple Logs

loisflan
12 years ago

Talk about an quick, easy pattern. I was so enthralled with the fabrics that I thought this simple pattern would show them off. I wanted a quick easy quilt for myself, and this certainly qualified. I'm backing with it champagne-colored minky. It gets cold up here in Minnesota, and I made it to snuggle with while I watch TV. Turns out it looks really good in our bedroom too.

Comments (23)

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

I like everything about it! The fabrics, the colors, the simple pattern that shows off those gorgeous batiks. I'm sure you'll use it as a TV snuggle quilt but I bet it will be the one you toss on the bed for those extra chilly nights, too.

• finchelover
    12 years ago

It is just beautiful,I am like k8orlando...I like the colors, the fabric etc A job well done

• toolgranny
    12 years ago

Your selection of colors is really the star on this one. It is simple but a wonderful showcase for the batiks. It's like you chose a simple pattern because you didn't want to cut them all up in little pieces. It's a treasure for sure. Good job.

• rosajoe_gw
    12 years ago

Beautiful and I agree it is a great pattern for such gorgeous fabric. DH and I were watching TV today and they showed two men ice fishing in Minnesota, too cold for me lol, I have seen snow one time, it was so pretty but I was freezing!

• bev2009
    12 years ago

Very classy color combination!

• magothyrivergirl
    12 years ago

Rosa~you've only seen snow ONE TIME?????? Was it real snow - where it accumulated on the ground or that itty - bitty snow flurries you all got in Georgia last year?? ~LOL~
    Yes, snow is freezing!!! we are lucky this year - no real snow to speak of - hope I didn't jinx it!

Lois~you put together a simply elegant, beautiful quilt! The batiks are so pretty - they shine in the simplicity of the pattern. I love it! The Champagne Minky will be perfect! Please post another picture when you are finished!

• luvtosharedivs
    12 years ago

Another reason I'm beginning to like the batiks...seeing that awesome combination of neutral colors! Since that pattern probably works up fast, I wouldn't doubt that you may want to make another similar quilt!!!

No seams or points to worry about matching:)))

Looking forward to seeing the finishing touches!

Julie

• lola99
    12 years ago

Your top really is beautiful. Have you decided how you are going to quilt it?

• lindaoh_gw
    12 years ago

Lois, your quilt is beautiful! I LOVE the batiks!
    Linda

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

What size did you cut your blocks?

• grammyp
    12 years ago

Sometimes simple is so elegant. I think it was wise to let the lovely fabrics speak for themselves.

beverly

• loisflan
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you all for the compliments. I was a little concerned when I was piecing it, that it would be too busy, but I'm really pleased with the final (well almost final) product.

Kate, the blocks are 7.5" x 10.5". Eight columns of seven blocks each. The pattern called for only 7 columns, but I had extra blocks so I figured I'd just make it larger. It's 56" x 65". It took 16 fat quarters. I'm using the leftovers to make the binding. That will probably take longer to assemble than the quilt top.

Because I'm using Minky on the back, I will take it to a long arm quilter. I'll probably have her quilt a very curvy loose pattern to offset the rigid brick pattern of the blocks.

• day2day
    12 years ago

It's looks so elegant!
    Those fabrics are gorgeous and I like the pattern you've chosen. It's perfect for showing off the fabrics.
    Thanks for giving the measurements.I was wondering about the sizes and the number of blocks you used.

TFS.

~Geraldine

• cannahavana
    12 years ago

Beautiful! That would go well on my sofa or my bed.

Rebecca

• fran1523
    12 years ago

Luscious and elegant for sure. Love it.

• missflippins
    12 years ago

Beautiful! I love the colours and your choice of fabric.

• Joan Dupuis
    12 years ago

My favorite colors, and simply love the batiks. Please post again once finished.

• nanajayne
    12 years ago

Excellent!!What a wonderful way to display beautiful fabric. It will be interesting to see how you decide to quilt it. It matches the decor of you bedroom perfectly, right down to the paneled door which inspired me in the way I would like to quilt it.lol. Congratulations on your choices and TFS.

• murphy_zone7
    12 years ago

Love Love Love EVERYTHING about it. Colors, pattern, design....but especially the colors. would you share the name of the pattern? or is Simple Logs the name of the pattern?
    Thanks for sharing

• loisflan
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Murphy, the pattern is Simple Logs from www.quiltedtreasures.net. I'm so glad you like it. Lois

• vasu_texas
    12 years ago

Beautiful, Lois. Reminds me of a cup of delicious mocha latte.
    Vasu

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    12 years ago

You're right, Lois! It shows off the fabric beautifully! I've been into neutrals lately.....just bought a few yesterday. @:)

SharonG/FL

• faintheart
    12 years ago

Perfect presentation for the lovely batiks! Lois, it is gorgeous. Thank you for sharing and inspiring!

Dee