Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Falling Charms

Posted by nannykins (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 19, 14 at 15:41

When I first saw this pattern, it went to the top of the "must do" list. I raided the brown box and this is what I came up with. I did cut the light strips at 2" not 2 1/2". And if I were to do it again, I would probably not be so OCD about placement. Maybe a random pastel colour way.
PS Do you ever say to yourself "Where did this fabric come from?" or "Why did I buy this? There was a lot of that going on.
Don't think I will add a border. It is already larger than I usually do for Charity quilts.
Theresa

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Falling Charms

Nice! I sometimes get too fussy with scrappy placement and drive myself crazy. LOL

And, no, I've NEVER wondered where a piece of fabric came from or why I bought it! :) (Can you hear my eyes rolling and my nose growing?!)

Donna

o

Theresa, that's quite a handsome quilt. I think you're correct not to border it. Someone will be delighted with it.

o

That's lovely. And, your binding will be a border.

o

that looks great. nice even if it goes to a man.

o

Very nice!
I never question why I purchased fabric...my problem is I'm hesitant to cut the pieces I love!
V.

o

That looks great, Theresa!

SharonG/FL

o

Wonderful quilt.

Bev mentioned exactly what I was thinking. It's a nice pattern and great colors for a man. I'm always looking for quilt patterns that would be suitable for men.
The FC pattern is on my 'want-to-try' list.
TFS.

~Geraldine

o

Lookin' good. It is a fun one to make. I really like it in brown.
LindaB/CA

o

Isn't this a fun easy quilt to make???? It looks good in all fabrics!
I especially like how you set the charms -- very soothing & sophisticated keeping the pairs matched. I am going to try using the 2" strips next time I make it - thank you!
It is amazing how fast this quilt gets big -- skip the borders!
Great quilt.

o

Thank you all.
Since I don 't have any one here at home to critique my quilts, I appreciate your comments.
Although this week, one son was home for business. I asked him if he could see a pattern when I had the quilt laid out on the floor. Yes, there is a diagonal. Mission accomplished!
Theresa

o

It turned out really well Theresa. Thanks for sharing a pic. Reminds me that I need to buy more brown fabric for my stash, before I start my Farmer's Wife quilt.

Best to you,
Sandra

o

Very handsome & elegant, nice job, crisp & clean. Maybe a nice brown binding, looks fabulous, some very lucky charity recipient will likely be delighted. Great job!

As to patterns good for men, I have to add Depression Blocks would be great for that too depending on how they're colored.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here