Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Second ever quilt

Posted by pamghatten (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 2, 13 at 15:32

Hi All,

I've lurked here for a while, I'm a beginner quilter. I finished my piecing my first quilt and had it quilted by an Amish girl in 2011 and took last winter off to do other projects. I created a quilt square for the end of my barn this past summer ... you can see some of this on my blog:

http://mysticmeadowsdaylily.blogspot.com/

The quilt I am working on now will b a garden quilt ... I'm using a pattern I found in a quilt magazine that uses 2 Lemoyne Stars as flowers for the center, see photo.

And then I want to piece other blocks of flowers. I've found blocks that are iris, leaves, roses, etc.

If you know of any other quilt blocks for flowers, I'd love to see them. I'll post my first Lemoyne square flower in a second post ...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
1st flower square

So here is the first Lemoyne Star "Flower" square ... hope to get the other 2 done tomorrow ...

So if you hae any flower square designs for piecing, I don't want to get into too much applique yet ... I'd be interested in seeing them.

o
RE: Second ever quilt

Not sure if I did this right, but added a link. Hope it works.
LindaB/CA

Here is a link that might be useful: spring garden flower pattern

o

Love your colors...!
V.

o

That did work Linda ... Thanks ... exactly what I am looking for ... now I need more!

Thanks V... I finished the other 2 blocks today and will post them later this week.

o

Saw the Rosebud at Blocks Galore.....

You can also Google-Flower Quilt Blocks then click Image and you'll get quite a few pictures.

SharonG/FL

Here is a link that might be useful: Rosebud

o

Here's a link. hope I do it right. Its got a daffodil,iris,n pansy.

Here is a link that might be useful: http://piecebynumber.com/natureblocks.htm

o

Im a lurker too lol :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here