Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I love this Quilt

Posted by magothyrivergirl (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 17, 12 at 15:19

I Love this quilt! I am going to have to buy the magazine.

In fact I really like her blog! I am thinking of doing her Solstice Stars with the Wine Themed Fat Quarters my son and his GF bought for me. I am sick of Wine fabric - but I need to make something or they will never surprise me with more fabric ~~I don't even drink wine! It is only 5 stars - and I like the minimalist layouts she has suggested.

http://www.freshlemonsquilts.com/?page_id=1534

Here is a link that might be useful: Fresh Lemon Quilts

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I love this Quilt

That's a great quilt, Marsha. I love the modern designs that are popping up everywhere. Too many quilt patterns; too little time.

o

Love the graphic nature of this one! And it looks really easy to piece. I think the only reason it's paper pieced is to get the seams to match on the adjacent block.

o

There are 3 or 4 on that page I want to make! Thanks for the link!

o

I like it a lot but not the neutral colors used. But I know it needs them, just don't like the white, black and gray. I think it's mostly the white that bothers me. I think white only goes well with prints that have white in them.

o

I love this quilt too. It is clean and sharp and so different from the usual traditional designs I work on. After browsing this blog (and one other that she mentions-"Don't call me Betsy") I can feel the creative juices flowing! I have bookmarked both to add to my blog stash. I'm going to buy the magazine as well.

Thanks so much for sharing!

Susan

o

I was wondering about the PP but decided it was because the strips are not the same width from one end to the other making them difficult to cut and pc. Interesting design and color combinations. TFS

o

I really like the Stepping Stones quilt on the Fresh Lemons site. I made this little mini quilt (~14"x18") based on that one.

Kate

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here