Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
toolgranny

Finally! My DWR is done! (pic)

toolgranny
13 years ago

I did it. What a job. Wanted to present it to my cousin next week for her 70th birthday. These are strips hand pieced by someone in her family back in the forties and she found them in a brown paper bag after her Mom died. Her Mom couldn't sew on a button so we suspect maybe her Grandma. She doesn't sew so gave them to me. I don't want them so I'm giving them back to her!

The pieces came like this. Of the 102, I used the 96 above. Because of the curve already there, the circles are a bit square but she won't mind.

Comments (29)

• nannykins
    13 years ago

Congratulations!!!! Well done! I admire you and your quilt.

• lola99
    13 years ago

Very impressive! Your quilting is fantastic.

• teresa_nc7
    13 years ago

WOW! That is fantastic! Love the quilt and the quilting too! Super job - you should be very proud of this!

Teresa

• sunnycentralfl
    13 years ago

Linda,
    That is just so pretty...I'm sure she will appreciate what a lovely job you did! It is beautiful!

Gwen

• mary_c_gw
    13 years ago

Great job! I'm not really a fan of DWR's, but your quilting on this one is absolutely beautiful!

• tuppermom
    13 years ago

Beautiful job! And what a family heirloom!

• msmeow
    13 years ago

Oh, wow - how wonderful you were able to finish it! Beautiful! Congrats on getting it done.

Donna

• jennifer_in_va
    13 years ago

Looks TERRIFIC!! A Wonderful Job and heirloom!

• K8Orlando
    13 years ago

I am so impressed!

Kate

• polardream
    13 years ago

Linda, You did a beautiful job!

Sue

• petalpatsy
    13 years ago

Love! It! Love it!

• magothyrivergirl
    13 years ago

This is a very special gift. You did a great job and the 'square curve' adds to the charm. I love the quilting.

• cindykg23
    13 years ago

Linda,

Your quilt is AWESOME!! LOVE it! It's so special to finish what someone had started --- I'm certain your cousins grandmother is smiling down on you:) Or more likely turning cartwheels! that what she had hoped to be a treasure now truly IS a treasure! Your work is exquisite (I know how challenging working w/someone's aged fabrics can be!:( ) Your cousin will be thrilled!

~Cindy

• Carol_from_ny
    13 years ago

There are alot of different patterns for DWR. One of them has squarish rings. So yours is right on target with that. It turned out lovely.

• justamomofsix
    13 years ago

Linda,

The quilt is gorgeous! Your cousin will love it! It is truly a wonderful heirloom to pass on to future generations.

Katherine

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    13 years ago

Oh, Linda! You have done a terrific job of putting this together. It's beautiful!

SharonG/FL

• day2day
    13 years ago

It's beautiful. Your quilting is wonderful. What a special thing you have done. She will love it. Perhaps you could someway, include some of the story/history. It would be nice to pass on down through the generations.

~Geraldine

• Robbi D.
    13 years ago

Beautiful!! I absolutely love the quilting you did on this. That is something I so want to be able to do. Awesome job!

Robbi

• User
    13 years ago

Linda, what a masterpiece! The quilting is phenomenal. This is one quilt I've always admired but doubt that I would ever tackle. Glad you shared it.
    Rita

• fran1523
    13 years ago

Linda, that is one gorgeous quilt and the quilting is fabulous. It truly will be a family heirloom.

• vicky4x4
    13 years ago

It is wonderful that you could do this for her and it will be a surprise to her to boot!

Vicky

• grammyp
    13 years ago

Nice! You are so quick, too. I have seen a lot of them with the "square" rings.

• User
    13 years ago

That is a gorgeous quilt. She will be thrilled I'm sure. That pink & white fabric with the little blue flower looks really familiar. Too bad she doesn't know who made them. Maybe she'll find out one day.

• karpet
    13 years ago

Beautifully done!
    Karlene

• laurainsdca
    13 years ago

Wow, that turned out amazing. That will be a family treasure for sure. The quilting is stunningly beautiful.

• cannahavana
    13 years ago

Beautiful! I love the quilting!

• nanajayne
    13 years ago

Your talent is showing!! It turned out to be lovily. It will make you cousin so very happy and you have to be proud of turning something that might have been discared into a keepsake. TFS. Jayne

• shannonmomof4
    13 years ago

WOW - wonderful! Would love to hear about her reaction!!
    Shannon

• lindaoh_gw
    13 years ago

I love it. I am working on my second (AND LAST!) DWR.
    Your cousin will love it!
    Linda OH