Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Big decision

Posted by loisf (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 5, 14 at 14:18

I pondered and pondered and finally decided to leave my Janome Jem here on Maui rather than schlepp her home and back again next January. So I packed her up, said a tearful goodbye and stored her in the owner's locker for next year. I won't be taking any classes before I retire (which will be in mid-November of this year) and we'll be coming back to Maui for two or three months in early 2015, so she's staying here. I don't have room to keep her set up in my sewing room, so she just sits in the box at home anyway. I had my 6600 serviced while we were gone, so I shouldn't need a back-up (I hope). It's funny how attached we become to our 'babies.' The thought of leaving her here made me kind of sad. I think I'm getting senile.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Big decision

Awww! It sound kind of like if you had to leave a pet behind! But I'm sure she will be fine. You don't have to worry about extreme temperatures, and you don't have to worry about her getting banged up in travel. Sounds like a good plan to me!

Have a safe trip home.

Donna

o

Something to look forward to...The Reunion!!! Sounds like you will need to work on your fabric stash until then...fun!
V.

o

I do hope you left her a bit of fabric under her presser foot so she doesn't get lonely.

beverly

o

Oh, Beverly, that's so sad. I didn't, and I bet you're going to tell me that it's better for the machine too. There was one under the presser foot of my 6600 when I got it back from its annual check-up.

o

I get attached to things too. My crafty stuff is my happy nest, so I like it all around me to feel the coziest. Sounds normal to me.

o

I'm sure she will be fine, just feed her well when you get back. Perhaps some fine batiks?

beverly

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here