Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pleasantly Surprised

Posted by ritaweeda (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 22, 14 at 13:51

I decided at the last moment to go to the High Point Quilt Show here in Hernando County, it was great! This was put on by the High Point Community Quilt Guild and it was their first time and they did a wonderful job, many quilts (somewhere around 160), and to my astonishment I would guess that 80 percent were HAND QUILTED!!! There were a couple of vendors there and a quilt raffle, ladies tea party, quilt appraiser, etc. I asked one of the show staff if they plan to do it every year and she said it will probably be a couple of years before they have enough new quilts for the next show.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pleasantly Surprised

Rita, it sounds very nice! I just got home from the Amelia Island quilt show. It was also nice, but small. Hernando County probably would have been a shorter drive for me! LOL

Are you going to the one in Largo in a couple of weeks? I may...I'm also planning to do Mt. Dora and Melbourne that weekend so may pass on Largo.

Donna

o

Rita and Donna do ya'll have any quilt pics you can share from the quilt shows you been to lately? It's exceptionally rare to find quilt shows locally to attend other than the parish fair. Glad ya'll are having fun at quilt shows.

Best to you,
Sandra

o

Largo won't be one I'd go to, it's down in Pinellas County, I don't know my way around there. Mt. Dora isn't far from here though - Hmmm.
No pix, sorry, I don't have a smartphone, I still have one of those old fat black flip types. I'm an old fogey.

o

Sandra, I took a few...I'll download them from my phone to Photobucket and post a link.

Rita, let me know if you're going to the Mt. Dora show (it's March 7-8) - maybe we could meet!

Donna

o

Thanks for the reminder about quilt shows. I looked our local one up and it is the end of March. It is only every other year, so I'm glad I won't miss it. Sounds like you have a lot to choose from, Donna.

o

Donna, that's the weekend we have the grandkids. Don't know if I want to endure the looks of boredom. Will they have video games?? LOL! Not to mention DH - suppose they would have beer???

o
pleasantly surprised

LOL, Rita! Let me know if you need to escape!

Yes, Bev, this is quilt show season in FL...they have to get the quilt shows and the fairs done before the snowbirds fly home for the summer. :)

Donna

o

Rita, I had thought about going to the one in Brooksville, but DH had to make an emergency trip to northern GA with grandson. Maybe next time.......

SharonG/FL

o

That's ok Rita. Thanks Donna!

Best to you and thanks bunches,
Sandra

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here