Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
And my masterpiece of 2010

Posted by mary_c (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 12, 11 at 13:04

This one took FOREVER, LOL. DH had been looking through some of my quilting books and decided this was the perfect pattern and in the perfect colors for his neice, Joanne.

So, of course, I can't take the creativity credit, but I'm pretty proud of the piecing and quilting! And sometimes it's nice having a "recipe" all spelled out.

Jo's Quilt

Blocks and star sashing:

Jo's Quilt

Multiple pieced borders - and this pic shows the colors most accurately:

Jo's Quilt

Back and label:

Jo's Quilt

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: And my masterpiece of 2010 credit

I should have given credit where credit is due!!

The pattern is in Judy L. Laquidara's book "Nine-Patch Extravaganza" and is called "Star Struck".

o
RE: And my masterpiece of 2010

The quilting is just lovely!
Shannon

o

That was a winner. I like the pattern very much and you did a wonderful job. I agree sometimes it is nice have plan established so all you have to do is enjoy the process. TFS Jayne

o

Work of art! Love the borders. Good job. You have reason to be proud! We're proud of you, too.

o

How beautiful! I love the star design and the borders. She will love it!

Teresa

o

NICE!!!! I wish I could do FMQ as well as what I see done by members of this form. Love the pattern you chose.

o

Thanks all for the compliments! Jo did love it - we sent it as a Christmas present for her. It coincidentally arrived during a big power outage in Yorkshire, so she was especially happy to have a lap quilt.

And Barbara, my free-motion quilting stinks. I use pantograph patterns on a long arm - just follow the line with the stylus.

o

What a great Christmas quilt! And yet it doesn't scream Christmas--it will look at home in all four seasons. Very nice!

o

Oh, he chose well. Love the colors, and sure wish I could quilt like that.

beverly

o

Beautiful quilt,mary. I like the colors and your multiple pieced borders are amazing. You did a great job. Sounds like you and your DH make for a good team. TFS.

~Geraldine

o

That is a masterpiece Mary. Your fabric choices really compliment the design and the border is spectacular. Great quilting too.

o

I haven't seen a quilt you have made I didn't think was beautiful. You have a gift, Mary, and what is so special is that you share it freely. That makes it particularly special.

o

It is beautiful Mary! What a wonderful & priceless gift you have given.

o

You're all making me blush, LOL. Thank you for all the praise, what an ego boost!!

Honestly, I could have come up with the body of the quilt on my own - I use star sashing frequently. But those borders - FIVE of them, all matched up - umm, no. No credit to me.

I'm not even math challenged - I can do it. But that doesn't mean I enjoy it, LOL. That first border (Light green with the cream triangle sticking up in it) she gave both templates and a paper piecing pattern. That isn't a standard triangle.

If you're impressed, do take a look at the book, whether you buy it or in your library. Judy Laquidara is a master designer and long-arm quilter.

o

I'd love to see the quilt, but the only picture that shows up is the label. Anyone else not able to see the quilt?

o

Beautiful -- the colors are perfect for this design. The gold border sets it off.
Judy Laquidara would be very proud!

o

I wasn't able to comment before because I could log in but Mary this is a beautiful quilt.

Vicky

o

That is absolutely gorgeous, I really love the quilting!!!! The colors and pattern are great too. I love stars.

o

Beautiful.....I Love everything about it !!!!!!
bopeep

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here